chicken breast and red cool aid

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by wolf222, Oct 6, 2008.

1. wolf222

wolf222 New Member

State:
    IL
    Has anyone ever used chicken breast and red coolad? I was fishing at a local lake at Site M and a fishermen pulled and said if you want to catch a big cat try useing chicken breast and red coolad. I'm going to try it this week let you know how it works.Paul

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul. Awaiting the results.

3. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I have read on here several posts that say it works great. I personally have not tried it though.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul Welcome to the BOC, from Si. Illinois. I know the fish will feed on hotdogs soaked in red coolaid, and would guess they would on the chicken breast.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I tried it only once and caught turtles. I will try it several more times before I decide to keep it or not. Catfishjon

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul. I have never tried it .

7. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul, Yes I Have used a variation of what you are talking about that worked farily good for me last month, a 17lb, a couple 11lb. a cuple of 7lb, 3 5lbs. I used 3 skinless chicken breast, cut nice size chuncks, 2 box sugar free Strawberry/Banana Jello, 2 tablespoons Garlic powder, Several drops of Anise Extract, (Find in spice racks at grocery store.) I used zip loc bags, put cut chicken in bag, 5 or 6 drops Anise(fairly strong not to much ) seal up and mix around and let set about 1/2 hour(give anise time to stink up the meat!!!). Put Dry ingredents in a Gallon zip bag, dump in the stinky chicken and mix up and let set Day.
    When I went to the lake for the weekend, I mixed mine Thursday night so when we got to the Lake Friday night it was ready to go!!!
    You can play around make several other ingredents like they talk about on this sight. Good luck Let us know how you do.:cool2:

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have said this before with hot dogs and KoolAide. You can leave them in the boat under the console for 10 days during the summer, and they will not draw flies or rot.

That's scary. lol

I have never tryed chicken breast that way. It seems it would hold on the hook better than hot dogs. Don't know if it will catch fish.

9. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    first off welcome to the BOC

AS far as the bait goes, i have tried it out many times. Between you n me, i fish paylakes for the channels i plan to eat (sorry guys, they are fresher and cleaner that way), and it seems to be a very productive bait. i just cut up boneless skinless breasts into 1-1 1/2 inch squares, put them in a ziplock bag, and add sugar free kool-aid. i usually only let it set about an hour before fishing. 1 packet per 2 breasts works well for me. another alternative to the kool aid is jello. I usually take a few different flavors with me when using this bait, orange, cherry, strawberry, and grape. bait different hooks with different bait till you find out what they are biting on

you may also try the other guys opions of adding garlic, and anise oil.. i havent tried it, but sounds like it should work

10. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    one more thing, i use 4/0 circle hooks. just put your pole in a good pole holder, and wait for the fish to hook itself. channels really seem to like that bait, and dont mess around with it too much, they just grab it n go

11. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Do you cook it first bro? Sorry if its a dumb question guys....

12. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I never tried it,but I have used weenies and koolaid with garlic. Works great on channels. I don't see why chicken breast would be any different. Probably just tougher and stay on the hook better. I have sed chicken before. Try this..I put some chicken pieces in with the last little bit of Danny Kings Original. Left it in there for a few weeks. Went to the lake and caught 35 channels on the same piece of chicken. Just kept redipping it for scent. The dk made it tough and rubbery.

13. wolf222

wolf222 New Member

State:
    IL
    well tried it and cought nothing had one hit all day. don't know if it was the bait or just a bad day. will try again later. Paul

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Red food coloring works better. And it works at times.
    Welcome to the BOC.
    Pete

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Paul.

16. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome to the BOC, Paul. There some things here i gotta try. Not chicken breast but i thought was unusual, 2 weeks ago fishing on a boat eating peanuts and throwing the [biodegradable] shells overboard we had found when cleaning fish channel cats were eating the peanut shells. Keep an open mind on baits!:big_smile:

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Also try chicken breast, and red Jello, its called jello chicken. Just drop in chunks of the breast while you are boiling the jello, and let it sit overnight. Works well also.

18. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    I have done really well with chicken and red koolaid. I use the strawberry flavor it seems to work the best for me. i found this idea from a paylaker a few years back. i was using livers and crawlers and catching all the channels and he had caught five big flatheads. i made me some up the next week i came back and caught some good size flats as well.