chicken blood

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brandon, Feb 2, 2006.

1. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I used to buy and fish with all the time now I can't find it anywhere. Can anybody help me out on where to find it

2. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing
    does it have to be chicken blood? I use pigs blood on the Ebro for groundbait and dips etc and works well.

3. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I know me and my grandfather would get chicken blood from a slaughter house mix his s secret potion let set and drip in sun through racks. recan There usually was feathers mixed in left . from the processing plant etc.

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Brandon, my friend raises a few chickens and usually when he is getting them as "fryers" ( vs "layers" , will let them grow up and process maybe a dozen at a time, and that is how most farmers do it, I suggest finding a local farmer who has a hen house and roosters and asking if they would dehead and drain into galllon jugs for you, Im sure its just a matter of talking to a few places,to find it.

Good luck, , now about that secret recipe????:rolleyes:

Salmonid

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have always been partial to the chickens guts. Goes on like a worm and stays on fairly long. I used beef blood, which would clot and then I could cut it into about 1/2" cubes. Lay it on cardboard in the sun and let all the exposed sides dry. Put it on a hook and the side which rested on the cardboard will ooze the blood out. But I digress... mudy be getting senile.