Chickamaugua

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cumberlandcat, Feb 4, 2009.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anybody fished chickamaugua lately. Thought about giving it a shot, but since ericm has been out due to healing I haven't heard anything. I hate to drive 3 hrs and not know that the bite has sucked for a month. Any reports would be great. Just had the itch to fish a different body of water for a while.

Thanks
    Chris

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Chris, the catfish have been biting good. TVA has been generating quite a bit of current. I am sure you would do good once this front pushes through.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Did we talk a couple of years ago about go out on a trip together.
    Are they in there usual spots or do they go down or up stream this time of year. I usually fish it in the summer or spring. And you don't have to search very hard for them around the NP to find em.

Thanks
    Chris

4. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Yes, we did talk about going fishing quite awhile ago. You should still find them around the NP. They might be in deeper water than you fish in the summer. It would be nice to fish together sometime for sure!

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I am getting sick of fishing old hickory, and ready for something new, I might head down there this weekend. I forgot is the skull island boat ramp steep. I was thinking about taking the little truck/s10 but it is 2 wheel drive and doesn't have much umph. I use it a lot on some of the flatter ramps around here but also don't want to drive down there and not be able to get the boat outa the water.

6. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Skull Island ramp is fairly flat, I used to use a 4cyl ranger there and never had a problem. I haven't been to the NP in a while (been fishing up river), but it's probably the best place to fish this time of year especially if you don't know the lake that good. BTW, when heading out of SI towards the main channel try and stay close to the green bouys and not so much towards the red ones.

7. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Daniel I have looked at SI and that ain't a good place in winter as you said stay close to the green bouys. There is a shallow and narrow channel when you come out from the ramp. Good to see you again brother.

8. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    yes stay hauuging the green the ramp is pretty flat you shouldnt have any trouble there. gl on catching some cats:wink: