Chickamauga question

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Team Hold EM Hook, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Can Skipjack be caught below this dam just as they can in other parts of the TN river?Thanks

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    yep they sure can be.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Joe, welcome to the B.O.C., best catfishing community on the planet.
    Most all dams on the Tennessee river basin hold skippies I would think.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    From I have heard they can be abundant there.

5. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes, definitely. Best during hot summer months... but chance of picking up a couple about anytime.

6. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    What Richard said. I haven't been fishing this area that long, but if the last year was any indication it was great during the summer and fall around Nickajack dam for skips, but not productive this winter. Nickajack is of course the next lake/dam down from Chickamauga. Does anyone know where the skips dissappear too? Do they actually move through the dam locks up and down river, do they go out into the lakes or what?

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    They scatter down river jon and if you will watch the little shad start top wattering in the spring and winter you will find skips also and where they are skips and shad there are stripes and big ole cats also.

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    When the surface temp gets into the 60's the skips can be had at any of the TN river dams. The hotter the water gets the hotter the skipjack action gets. Last year we were catching a few in April but from July until September we put over 500 skips in the freezer that were between 1 and 2 pounds each.