Chickamauga Lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cheez, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    The big fish bite is slow on Chickamauga right now. At least in the little part of the lake that we fish. EricM and I went after the blues yesterday so that I could gather up some fillets for an upcoming benefit. We had to downsize the baits (cut frozen skipjack) and hooks from our normal routine. Fairly slow action but we did muster up 13 blues with the big fish being 7-1/2 pounds. We left the lake around noon as the labor day fun crowd was cranking up. Good day with a good friend!

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good report John. I'll be coming over that way with 2 more friend from work in about three weeks and give it a trial. At least you didn't try to tear down the dam.:smile2:

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I told those guys that were ramming the dam that I never saw a fish that was worth risking my life or smashing my boat up for.:smile2: Give me a shout when you are going up there Willard and I might just meet you up there. Cathooker and I are planning a trip on the 27th.

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Here is a quick shot of the days catch.

Attached Files:

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It was slow on the Coosa Sunday night too. I hope Chickamauga Dam gets back to runnin' the generators all night up there soon so I can get a trip in before it starts gettin' colder at night.

6. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    TVA is planning to slow down the flow starting this week. I imagine though that it won't last too long as they will be needing to dump some water pretty soon for the winter draw down.