Chickamauga Lake Crappie Report

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by rsimms, Mar 12, 2006.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here's Crappie Reports from Saturday & Sunday (3/11 & 3/12) on Chickamauga Lake in Chattanooga, Tennessee, courtesy www.ChooChooFishing.com:

SATURDAY- Another fine day on Wolftever Creek. A lot more crappie anglers out today, and bass anglers. I had to wait in line to put the boat in at 6:45 am. Had a great day sharing the joys of catching crappie with Charles Brewer and Tim Vaughn. Average day overall... we had 23 keepers and a couple of bonus channel cats. A few of the crappie were monsters. Actually I don't think we pulled the biggest ones out of the box for pictures. No pattern on the fish... we caught some over 14 feet of water, others in 8 and still others in 4 feet. They're really scattered.

SUNDAY- Our bite was a little better today than yesterday. We fished shorter time and caught more. Quit at about 12:30 with 28 good quality keepers and we caught a ton of short fish. The standard "trolling tube jigs" technique, although my partner had some little baits called "Lit'l Fishies." (see http://creme.zoovy.com/category/lit_l_fishie_minnow.112inchlitlfishie/) They did WELL! I may have to order some. Another friend fishing solo toughed it out a little longer and took home a limit (30). Don't know if it was just a better bite today, or if the fish are starting to turn on a little better. I hope the latter. Mallory Davis with a couple of today's take. (photo attached)

Attached Files:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good report Richard. That top one would almost fall in the slab category.:)

3. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Those are some nice crappie. And i cant wait tell i go crappie fishing.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :thumbsup:
    "Way To Go rsimms!" "Those are some nice ones!"

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

5. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Whatdaya mean "almost?" :)
    When you going to call me to arrange trip? You got my reply e-mail with phone number didn't you? Of course it's also on the web page.

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Now those are some great looking fish Richard, I hope this cold snap coming in dosen't mess the bite up. Ya'll were tearing them up out there.:thumbsup:

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Now Richard you need to look at the little smiley I inserted in there:)

I'll call you tonight or tomorrow night for sure.:eek: