Chickamauga lake catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cathooker, May 29, 2009.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Cousin Bill n me hit the water on Chickamauga Lake early this morning to do some cattin. Today the cats were hungry. Bill got the biggest at 38lbs. We caught 22 blues and 1 channel cat. Our biggest blues were 38,22,18,18,16,15,15,14,12 with the rest averaging around 8lbs. The water flow was jussstttt right today. Hardly any wind...lot's of cloud cover. Water temp of 73. A perfect day to be on the water. All was well until a jacka-s in a big cruiser came thru wide open and ran by us not 50 feet away creating a sunami of "almost" Biblical proportions. My big ole boat took on several gallons of water. A small john boat would have been sunk. They were all laughing and waving and I was waving back with my two middle fingers. IGNORANCE abounds on the waterways. Back to the fishing......we used cut bluegill, shad and chicken thighs with most of our bites coming on the chicken. A very blessed day today for sure.

Attached Files:

2. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on a great trip!!!!:wink::wink::wink:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Alan Congrats.

4. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Great trip buddy,
    Hope we do that good monday,,:wink:
    puddle

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Was a great day for sure, Congrats!!!

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Alan on the highly successful trip! :big_smile: 22 Blue Cats would put a smile on my face! Nice pics! :cool2:

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats Alan, sounds like a great trip! I haven't tried chicken yet, but it sounds like it works as well as anything.