Chickamauga Catfish are HOT!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by rsimms, Aug 14, 2006.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You've seen drc3's reports.... and MONSTER 52 lber he caught. Awesome! The big blues are on the prowl on Chickamauga Lake near Chattanooga, TN. I did two trips Sunday... clients, John Sloan and Dave Durham from Lebanon, until about 2 pm and then took my daughter Priscilla and her boyfriend Chad out in the afternoon. Between two trips there was about 250-300 lbs. of catfish that came in the boat today. Talk about slime! All the fish we caught were main channel, between 35 and 55 feet. Fish seemed more "structure" oriented than depth. Basically fished three spots all day... holes and humps in main river channel. Chicken breast was the preferred bait, but caught a few on shad. Our biggest fish was 30 pounds... had two others over 25 and three others over 20. First picture I'm proud of... Priscilla hauling in a 25 lber. for boyfriend Chad. He also caught a 27... both were his personal best... by a long shot. Also like next-to-last picture of John Sloan crankin' on a big cat. We thought sure he had a 40-plus because that fish was kickin' his butt. Turned out to only be a 23 that was just a mean machine. Thanks for reading and it's time to go catfishing!

Attached Files:

2. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here's a few more pics...

Attached Files:

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Richard, those are some awesome fish :eek:oooh: Congratulations. Oh - I really like the patio umbrella on your boat, I've often thought of trying that myself during the summer heat.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Richard, congrats on another great day of fishing, thanks for sharing

5. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Those are some nice looking catfish congrads!!

Josh

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I see some big ole smiles there Richard. I need to get the time and get back up that way for sure.

I really love that feeling when that rod loads up.:cool2:

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for posting your results Richard. I enjoy them. Once again, another great catch.

8. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Richard, I bet the boat was even smiling after a weekend like that. great job.