Chick Trip

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Captain Cat, May 19, 2007.

1. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    Finally got a chance to report on my trip to the Chickohomony river. We fished from May 3 to the 9th. Had a grea time, Me and my son both got new personal best. Not huge but both were over 26 lbs. Thats big to us. We got a ton of small cats from 4 to 16 lbs, and two about 20 lbs. My son also got a huge Gar and a 14lb. Bowfin. We used frozen hering but fresh bluegill and white perch worked best. A great trip The Rivers Rest is a good Place to stay and launch. Had a great time and are planning another trip for next Year.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like a good time was had by all... I doubt I could wait another whole year..:big_smile: Thanks for sharin'...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Red meat isn't bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is.

3. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    Ol Man we fish here in NY every Sat. Night so I will be alright until next year. We just dont have many cats over 25 lbs.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    maybe look ing the james or even the Potomac here in maryland and catch some of them 40+ cats

5. Rickjr

Rickjr New Member

State:
    VA
    Congrats to you and your son on your catch.....I stay at Riversrest reguarly ..great place and resturaunt too...not too far from the james either,salt or fresh:smile2:

6. bluebruiser at james

bluebruiser at james New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad to hear that yall did good.Ive had a lot of luck on perch as well
    out there.

7. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Thanks for the report. Glad you and your son had a good time. Nothing like taking a vacation to go fishing.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Great job! Good to hear you all got alot of fish.