Chick river help please...

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Jul 22, 2008.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    I am taking my 6yr old to the Chick Thursday morning and we are going to lauch at Riverside, I would like some advice as to where to begin to put him on some decent cats....I am not looking so much for the big monsters but lots of action for him.

I have some frozen eel but did'nt know if the Chick had a bait of preference different from the James.

I am planning on trying to put some bream in the boat and use them also.

Should I be looking for the deepest holes, and if so are they located up by Walkers dam?

Any help would be great. Thaks in advance:eek:oooh:

2. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sir I have always had good results with live shad:wink:

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Jeff,

I have only fished the river once, but one of the spots I do recall is about a mile down from the launch. Do not go through, the pass, but just keep close to the right side of the river. Look for the huge flag pole on the right side of the river, you can't miss it. There is a hole that we pulled a couple of fish out of. Good Luck.

4. freshbaitrules

State:
    virginia
    My son and I did'nt catch many fish, but what a great trip. We stayed at Riverside camp. We rented a cabin, put the boat in Thursday morning and did'nt take it out until Sat at noon.

We would get up early go out and fish for a while and come back and cook breakfast go back and fish, eat lunch go back out and fish. eat, fish, eat, fish, eat , eat, eat, fish sleep.

What a great trip. Our little cabin was right on the river, great view nice place, great people. If you love to fish it is a pretty cool trip.

www.riversidecamp2.com

Attached Files:

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    The cabin looks cool, I'd rather go there then to the "obx"...although the obx is cool too....don't want to dis it.... it's just a bit more than I want to drive these daze.
    later
    david

6. freshbaitrules

State:
    virginia
    Hey David, fyi. they campground also rents john boats w/motor for I think $35 a day.

The best part is it's only 30 min from Richmond. They offer tent camping too, but it's a little too hot for me.........thus the cabin w/ a/c.:cool2: