Chick-fil-A

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JAinSC, Jan 8, 2007.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know that Chick-fil-A makes a point of running a "Christian" business, with closing on Sundays, etc., but to be honest I have never put much stake in that sort of thing. I have known too many people and businesses that wanted everyone to know how "Christian" they were, but they'd be the first ones to screw you if you're not careful.

Well, anyway, my son's rec center basketball season just started (they won their first game on Saturday - he's 11 years old). The thing is, our local Chick-fil-A (just opened last Summer) is sponsoring at least 4 teams! It's awful nice to see somebody do something concrete (not just lip service) for the community. I don't remember ever seeing a team sponsored by McD's or Burger King or anybody else like that. Most people seem to love Chick-fil-A's chicken. It's OK, but to be honest, I'm not all that crazy about it, but you know what? Next time I'm looking for some fast food, I know where I'll go.

2. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    sounds good brother, i think i will go have me some chicken and waffle fries later for the team.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Me too Jeremy! I actually enjoy a Chick-fil-A sandwich sometimes, and I haven't had one in ever so long.

John, tell your son we said congratulations on winning his first game! That's great :smile2:. Obviously this company isn't actually CHICKEN if they're sponsoring FOUR teams :big_smile:.

And always, always remember what the cow says: "MOO".....
    J/K, everybody EAT MOR CHIKIN!!! :smile2:

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina

Oh, Booooo!:wink:
    Please, no more chicken puns!

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Sad thing is I needed a job once and they declined me on my morals or something of the sort lol.

Thinking back I probably would have done so too.

As a father with 3 kids who all play sports.I know exactly how much sponsors help the team and parents of the kids.

They provide good uniforms saftey equiptment and all that.

Kudos to Chik-Fil-A

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ive never been to this place but we have one fairly close i hear and i will try and get there someday soon i hope .yeah sponserships are a blessing and for them to help 4 teams is very comendable.congrats to your sons victory hope they have more of those

7. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    DRC you have to get there soon. If you like chicken it is awesome. Chick-fil-a is on of my favorite fast food chains to eat at.

8. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    oh i here you. I have tried to put together many teams of all sorts and trying to get sponsorship is terrible. with all of these multi billion dollar industries and corporations, it amazes me that their PSA's will talk about giving to the community, but i guess that is left for photo-ops.

9. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    My Daughter is in the choir at her school and I went to one of their shows at the city library,it was a fund raiser for the library and Chic-fil-A was the sponsor.

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    umm....I had KFC tonight.....still chikin:big_smile:

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Chick Fil A.
    Good any way you look at it.

12. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is great to hear, I will definatly stop by there next time I want a fast bite. I have never had it.

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Matt you would like them, Ive had it before and the sandwhiches arent huge either so you could probably be "good" eating one of them (by good I mean that it would not take your calorie count too high since your so stinking skinny now :big_smile: ).

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We have a Chick-fil-A in the local Mall, been quite a while since we ate there but it's good! Makes me hungry right now!

15. msbren06

msbren06 New Member

State:
    Florida
    That's geat! Lots of luck with the team. Local sponsorship is not something all big chains are intersted in. That really makes Chic-Fil-A a top notch bunch of folks.