Chicago

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Oct 8, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :wink:A couple of pics of this weekends trip to the Windy...Beatufil beaches and a nice place to visit minus the nightmares of traffic/parking and idiots that have no respect.....:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny, I lived there for 20 years. The second one, I could point out the building where my 350.00 dollar an hour divorce lawyer had his office. And Kenny, the traffic, congestion and idiots only get compounded at night, If you ever go in again, take a stroll down some of the streets at night. That will put hair on your chest. And Kenny, don't go to a cubs, bears, blackhawks, whitesox or bulls game without body armor or being completely soused out of your mind. And oh Kenny, next time you even think about going back there talk to me first, I can really give you some pointers on where to go if you want to commit suicide. It is such a wonderful place, all tourists should try it once. Makes you think about ever taking a vacation again.

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm lucky, we have the South Shore train that goes there. I went last month to be in the audience of the Jerry Springer Show. LOL First time i rode the train and that is the way to go. Downtown is beautiful, first time there for me, Springer is filmed in the NBC Building. Hey that episode just aired last Friday, it was the Jerrys Diner one. Lot's of crazyness, lots of beads given away, that were cut out of the TV airing. LOL LOL

It was enough fun that I have 2 more tickets comming for the 22 of October taping. My wife is comming with me this time. Last time my son and 2 nephews went. It was fun and that town has some beautiful buildings in the downtown. That river that has boats going down is nice. Whole area is like one giant park.

It felt real good going to Chicago and not going to that University of Chicago Hospital. I'm starting to dislike that place. lol lol

4. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My son lives in a suburb outside of Chicago. I also have a lot of family in the area. I also used to live just south of the nightmare city. I do not envy anyone who has to endure the area. I drove down from Green Bay once, I was supposed to take the bypass around the city if I remember right it is the 294 bypass, well I was in the wrong lane and got pushed off on 94, (the Damn Ryan) I don't think anything scared me more than that drive, well besides the time I got off on the wrong exit and ended up going right down town Gary. To fast paced and rowdy for this country gal :confused2:

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Belinda: Belinda I'll tell ya a story sometime about the 294, and trying to get a new car up to 160 miles per hour. Those toll booth guys don't like that, let alone those guys with the Storm trooper hats and short haircuts.

6. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa

Oh I hear that..... but after my experience there I would have to wonder if they even pay any attention to a fast moving car. On 94. The speed limit said 45, I got on the cb radio and hooked on to a truck driver who put me on his back door... heck we were doing 65-70 mph and cars were passing us like we were sitting still.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup you boys know exactly what I am talkin about....We was in the hood lost fer a minute an I WAS WISHIN I HAD A .357 OR 45 INSTEAD OF A BALLBAT AND KNIFE ..............NOT A GOOD PLACE TO BE FOR A URBAN SMALLTOWN IOWA BOY:embarassed:

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Kenny, I saw the view on your picture 005 from the air the other day as we landed and took off from Chicago Midway. :big_smile:

9. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Heck, going through Chicago in a car is a breeze.
    Try it in a semi truck. That's a different animal all togoether

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    NO THANK YOU ON THE SEMI PEOPLE ARE NUTS IN THERE CAGES