Chicago Cubs

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by coalminer78, Mar 18, 2007.

1. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Read in the paper the Cubs for the first time have said "wait until next year" during spring training.

2. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    :lol:
    Who? What? When? Where?

3. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    we will have to see what happens after the all star break

GO CUBBIES

4. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It will happen. Any true blue cub fan believes. I hope it happens in my dads lifetime.
    Can't remember any disappointments, because as a true cubbie backer you learn that there is always a next year. We always hope it will be this year, but will look towards the next as well. GO CUBS GO!

5. cicnolo

cicnolo New Member

State:
    ne. CENTRA
    TKEYHUNTER, YOU HAVE GOT YOUR HEAD ON RIGHT!! MY DAD GOT ME LISTENING TO CUBS ON RAIDO IN LATE 50s . BEEN A FAN EVER SINCE. DAD DIDN'T MAKE IT TO SEE THE CUBS GET IN THE BIG SHOW BUT I'M A BELIEVER.CUB FAN 4 EVER. TONY

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    CUBS (completely useless by September) if not before!!

7. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Liked the post from Iowa. They have such a great team..... oh thats right, no team :smile2:

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We may not have a Major League Baseball team in Iowa,and believe me that's better than having a team like the Cubbies. We don't have to go through the agony of defeat that you have to go through every year!!! Must be terrible to go through a lifetime and never see your team participate in a World Series. BTW,this Iowan is a Cardinal fan and damn proud of it! At least I have been able to see my team win multiple championships in my lifetime. Maybe if you're young enough you may live long enough to see the Cubbies in a World Series,but I seriously doubt it.

9. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You get em' Glenn. Go Cards!!! The Cubs will find a way to blow it this year too. Or maybe they can find a fan to blame it on! lol

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ha ha! not this classic battle!! i have to admit im on the cards side. the only thing i have to say to the cubs is "do it!, win it already!, whats stoppin ya? quit talkin about it and just do it!" thats what i always say in the bar at least:wink:. dont go gettin offended anyone, its just a game.( a game that seems to make my mouth run!)

11. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    the cubs will be in the playoffs this year:big_smile: and not the cards:sad2:
    it is always a fun rivalry. how is it that the world champs cant beat the cubs lol:smile2:

12. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I'm an Iowan who is a life long Cubs fan and I hate the Cards. That being said I never brag too much because every year the Cubs find a new way to blow it. This could be the year but I've said that before so we'll have to wait and see.

13. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How bout them Iowa Cards????
    Don't ever expect the world from my beloved Cubbies, but have taken my son to several Cardinal/Cub games & have found way too many intoxicated/ignorant people at the Cardinal games... Not saying this applies to anyone in particular however, we are all fans of the game. It would benefit us all to keep in mind there are children present. Last year I took him elsewhere to enjoy a game. It was worth the cost of gas,hotel, & tickets to keep him away from the enviroment of hostility. :0a23:

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i go to busch stadium all the time and when the cubs are in town it is a circus.:smile2: its never like that when any other team comes there. whats more crazy, a strip club, or the bleachers at wrigley? cause i know theres a lot of drunkeness and nudity at both places.:wink:

15. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    LETS GO CUBBIES LETS GO!!!!:smile2:
    one month left to go lets stay on top

16. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Okay mr. IOWA & you other non-believers......
    My beloved cubbies are on top, will finish on top ( okay at least their division ), and it is almost October. So all you "haters" that have ever said mean things about the cubbies.....:005: shame shame shame on you!

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if they do make the playoffs. then what?? The Yanks are gonna look like tiger woods... tee'ing off!

18. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If they make the play offs....
    As mentioned earlier, those of us that are faithful to our cubbies will be so proud. If if if they go any further our pride & joy will soar. If they do not, we will be there next year ready to try try again.
    Kinda like children, you love em even though they are not perfect.

But, I gotta admit I am really enjoying the quiet coming from Cardinal corner :smile2:

ps IOWA: Hows things in corn country?

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if if if you and earl take me out fishing on the mississippi ill wear my cards hat and let you and ur boy heckle me all night in my corner while i be quiet:wink:

20. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    will talk to the captain if you promise to fish all day waering cubs hat & shirt
    yelling to every boat that passes by (barges included) "cubbies rock, go cubs!"