Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by screen, Nov 28, 2005.

1. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Great D - and a middle round rookie QB who doesn't make too many mistakes -
    Looks like they could be heading for the playoffs - seven in a row - not bad but the tough teams are to come - What happened to this division? What happened to the NFC? Colts look great! My pick to win it all!

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    The Bears do look good, but can they keep that going for more than one year? Was it 2002 or one of those years, they came out and won like 14 or 13 games, just like this year. The very next year they were a bad team again. I like the bears, and I think its good for the NFL when they are good, but I wonder if they can keep it up for a long time. Also, they will most likely make it into the playoffs with no problem, but they don't have much of a chance to win more than one game because they lack soo much on Defense. It would be nice to see them back in the mix though!

3. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Tradition. Its about Tradition. I like to see the "old" teams do well. I could care less about the Jags/Panthers/Texans/Ravens/Titans, ect ect ect. I like to see teams with a good history do well. It makes for better TV and radio.

4. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Baitfish. I hope your christmas wish dont come true. I hope the bears beat the VIKES. Besides if I am correct they play new years day. Last game of the season. GO BEARS

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Hopefully DA Bears will stomp the Vikes, unless the Vikes stay off those party ships.

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    glad to see to the bucs lose to the bears..........

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    FOr having no offense to speak of I think the bears are doing great. Their defense has kept them in every game this year and they are winning.

I will go bakc to an old saying "Offense wins games, but Defense wins championships"

-Brian

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Now there's a man that knows what he's talking about! Bruce I'm with you on the Colts comment! I like Orton, even though it's going to take him a couple years to settle in in Chicago. The Bears Defense is amazing this year and their record proves it! As long as they limit their mistakes and play D like they have been, they have the potential to make it to the NFC Championship and possibly the Super Bowl. You have to excuse Baitfish, he thinks that the Vikings have a shot this year :rolleyes: . I have to admit, Brad Johnson is really making Culpecker look bad. Go Bears! ;)

9. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    They say D wins Superbowls but I don't think they have a come back offence that can get them there - Orton is improving week by week but doesn't seem to have the arm for that long pass especaly against a team like the Colts - boy they looked unbeatable last night -

10. Mr Phatkat

Mr Phatkat New Member

State:
    Charleston sc
    My best bud was a die hard (none of that fair weather mess) Bears fan until i think o2 when (he says) they sold him another dream. Right now its funny watchin him wish badluck on the bears for prides sake..I gotta say hes firm though, ill give him that...He aint jumpin on that bandwagon for nothin! Similiarly i know of a few fairweather colts fans, they are funny too(ill leave it at that because i dont want to get ambushed)...Me, im in it for the long haul for Green bay...umm go :crying: cheeseheads :crying: ...Btw, i guess that says alot about how i feel about the bears! Their doin good no doubt, but it would be unpackerish for me not to be a "player hater" to the bears...some things just dont mix..

11. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Well let's not get ahead of ourselves - we have the Steelers this week and they are a good team and with three looses in a row and they arn't going to let the Bears come in to their field and do as they may - remember they are part of a tough AFC not the wimpy NFC -

This week will tell the tail!

I am all screwed up but didn't the Bears beat the Colts already this year?

12. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

The bears will take both the Viks and greenbay and more then likely the Falcons too. Jim, no way the Viks take the division over the Bears.

-Brian

13. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Grosman has been named #2 and took an unheard of 25% of the snaps this week - If he plays and gets the rust out then there is no way the Viks beat the Bears in the roller dome - In fact with that D the Bears will beat them with Orton - Remember the Bears have to loose a total of three games for the Viks to get a division championship - that D won't let that happen even if they have to score all of the points!

14. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Stick a fork in that D today - They played like it didn't matter - like they were all going to the pro bowl - nice wakeup call - if they loose next week then here comes the Viks - Orton and the offence were better - the cordinators need to let them go like in the fourth quarter - Grossman was set as #2 for the game but Bafone say's he is not ready - He doesn't think he will be ready this season - Smoke and mirrors!!!

Pit. was fighting for there playoff life and that was the difference today - Next week will see if the Bears are fighting for their playoff spot!

Hey Vik fans here come the Cowboys! Lucky!

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    To me it seems like the Bears will do the same thing w/ Orton that they did w/ Krenzel. Here is a rookie QB who has done a decent job (not great) then they will stick w/ Grossman just to see him get hurt. I still wonder why on earth Krenzel couldnt stay on as a #2 guy, or heck even a #3.

16. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I think the Steeler's showed the weekness in the Bears "D" today. An overagressive Defense will always be vulnerable to the screen pass, and tight ends in the seams. They haven't played a team all year who's done that to them, and that will need to be fixed before next weeks game, or it will be two losses in a row for the Bears.

Ray

17. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Viks fans. The bears did look like they were hibernating today. One thing to watch out far though. You have to play the steelers yet also. Besides I sure as hell would rather be one game up than where the vikings are at right now. Hope the bears lose and that they can pull off more wins than the bears.

By the way Krenzel sucked. Orton is light years ahead of him. I dont think we will see grossman this year at all.

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I sort of agree w/ Krezel, but isnt Orton putting up the same kind of #'s? I have to admit I dont know for sure because I dont follow the Bears year round, in & out.

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I get the colts not the Bears on TV. I did watch the hilights. (?) The de let alot of people run thru them.
    GO BEARS
    Bill

20. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I knew there was going to be a time when Orton was going to have to put up some points and I didn't think he could. He's young though and it is going to take atleast the rest of the year to get him ready for next year, if they will go that route. The defense is going to have some games that they have trouble with, but that's when you need an offense that can put up the points to win. What happened to Grossman? I would make a move and bring him back! It's not Ortons time yet. He isn't making any mistakes which is good but he just can't put up the points.