Chew spit on catfish bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by weekendredneck69, Mar 12, 2007.

1. weekendredneck69

weekendredneck69 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    While one of my friends was in Nebraska he had talked to a girl while out fishing.. And they got to talking and she had said something about her bait being soaked in Chew Spit!!!! has anyone ever heard of this??? Me personally i chew but idk bout spittin on my bait... Wonder if there is a certain brand or kind to use???

If anyone know help me out!! PLZ

Bazil

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have heard that fish cant stand the smell of tobacco, i dont know...My grandpa use to spit on his bait..LOL..But I thinks its just a wifes tail..I dont think there is any "secret" bait, or enhancer to catch more fish.

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bazil, Many years ago I saw a story on a local news program where they said that human saliva attracted catfish. I don't know if there's anything to the tobacco, which would be a lot stronger scent. I have to admit that I have spit on worms from time to time after seeing the news program. I don't know whether it helped or not.

4. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    Thx guys... Well i might have to try and fill up an old mason jar w/ some berry blend skoal spit ( sounds kinda gross ) and throw in some guts w it... Maybe it'll work maybe not.......Trial and possible error right??

5. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    I dont know about it working with cats, but know for a fact it attracts trout.

6. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    Thx... not many trout around here though. lol

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    back when i was a young boy,im 65,every body that was from the country spit on their bait.it didnt matter if you chewed or not it was the thang to do when fishing.i guess as we got more civilized we quit.dont know why we just did.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But no thanks,it turns my stomach! Sorry fella's but chewin as always struck this lady as nasty!:0a30:

9. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    Lol sorry about that.. yea my girls wantin me to stop!! but out of my respect for her i probably will.. Thx for the posts

Bazil

10. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Worked for me last time I was ice fishing for cats. Caught 2 after spitting some Copenhagen juice on my minnow.
    If they aren't biting you got nothing to loose.
    thanks
    Larry

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    :big_smile: Yea when I was a boy we all spit on ours were we chewed or not

12. weekendredneck69

State:
    Kansas
    Thx guys... i was just wondering about it... idt ill be able to try it out much this year lol my girl is kinda on my case about the whole chewin deal!!! lol.

Bazil

13. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My Grandfather always spit on his bait we always caught some but i dont know if it was the chew or not?

14. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Y'all mean I been throwin' away jugs & jugs of chum?