Chevrolet Bumper damage

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by Rottdog, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    hello everyone,
    I was just curious if anyone might be able to help me here. I hit a bag of trash in my pickup a while ago and I noticed it bent my bumper inwards and broke out my foglight. I don't have alot of knowledge on automotive repair, so my question is do you think that bumper could be bent back or do I need a new bumper? Any ideas on cost would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to any replies,
    Garrett

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WoW they are making them Chevys real cheap. With my old Ford I had to back into a 2 foot diameter oak to dent the bumper on it.

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    sometimes it is just easier and cheaper to buy one from junk yard.
    i would try to bend it back myself first depending on how bad it is.

4. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    By meaning bent inwards do you mean its tilted down? If so, most bumpers brackets are made where you can adjust them and the bolts may of slid back. Now if its bent, a salvage yard would surely have what your looking for.....

5. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    if you are like me you might as well leave it as is. Something else will come along and ding it after you fix it.

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I say leave it. If I'd fixed mine last summer after the idiot doe tried to commit suicide in front of me, then I'd really have been upset when a little 6 pt. buck had run in front of me during November.

Kinda like I'm glad I didnt' fix my driver's side front quarterpanel when I hit the tree... that way I wasn't too excited when the little spike buck tried to jump through my window last december (that's right 3 deer in about 5 months) nor was I too terribly upset when the wind jerked the door out of my hand and bent the heck out of the quarterpanel and nearly ripped my door off.

My poor, poor pickup........ I did manage to buy her a nice set of wheels & tires last year though.:big_smile: