Chess

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Nov 18, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my youngest son has came home from school a couple days ago with the
    desire to play me a game of chess :big_smile: .
    Ive asked him to learn about a year ago and he didn't catch on real quick and lost interest shortly thereafter.
    seems a friend of his plays and has gotten matt into the game .
    only problem so far is correcting him on some of the moves the various
    pieces were allowed to make ........
    (he was very sure that his friend was right):tounge_out:

the only board we had was a tiny travel size that was pretty much
    a PITB to use (neat looking but impractical) so last evening at wally world we got a full sized board set with pirates of the Caribbean themed figures.
    we played 3 games after getting it home and already have games scheduled for Tonite:cool2: .
    id like to get a civil war set, or a lord of the rings set.
    anyone else play chess??

a few games have been played by members here via pm maybe limit a few moves a night or even 1 at a time its pretty fun.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I played in another lifetime... When I first learned how to play, the fellow that was teaching me got to the point where he wouldn't play anymore when he was getting beat on a regular basis. I never could get enthused with "mail order" chess. I haven't played in years...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Learned to play as a "WEE LAD" at the YMCA in Camden N.J. Could'nt tell ya the last time I played.

In this "PC" world can the term "QUEEN" still be used? LOL!

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have played but it is a game of concetration and planning ie. If I do this or this, this could happen. Encourage your son to play it will help him in other things in life.
    Bill

5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    george im haveing a hard time imagineing you as a wee lad.....
    my mental image invisioning instrument will not allow it .:big_smile:

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I am kindda like you I like the game and have tried to teach my son but right now he doesnt show much interest but maybe someday

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    my mother taught me when i was 9 , dad taught her but the first time she beat him he quit playing . i never have played him but when i was 12 i beat the iowa state champ 3 out of 5 games he then lived in wyoming , he gave me an electronic game that he had he said it couldnt be beat but i did twice . later in life i taught a few others to play , maybe some day il teach my boys but their attention span is low currently . i play chess on yahoo from time to time under the same screen name as here look me up if yall want a good challenge .

maybe if there was enough enterist we could convince paul to put it in the game section on here .

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    last time i tryed to load yahoo pool i was unable to
    i will try the chess and i would love to play ya .
    i aint great but i am a little bit of a challenge:tounge_out:

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is a great game. I had a teacher back in the day that would write me passes so I could finish playing a good match with him.:lol: Man those were the days! ha ha ha

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I played a little and not a real challenge to anyone. But I did play and I learned the game