chesdin lake

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Vacatfisher, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

ill be going to lake chesdin 12-21.catfishing ...il report when i get back

2. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    I've heard they had some pretty nice cats in that lake... I have a buddy that lives right by there that goes 2-3 times a week and he's caught a few in the 20-30 pound range.... looking foward to hearing what you catch... :)

3. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

biggest weve ever got before is 10lbs....just something to play around with...we will take the boat out this time and see if we can get some bigger ones....

4. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

lake frozen 1/4 inch thick in some areas out to 100 yards or more..didnt get to make it out on the boat...fished from shore maybe 4 out of 24 hours....nada....used shad and eel....we could only cast one rod out to unfrozen water from shore.....with smaller rods your bait just sat on the ice. so they were not even thrown out....we kinda knew we wouldnt catch anything but we had bait so we used it....cant wait till summmer

5. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Wow- that is shocking! That's too bad. Sorry to hear that. you need to get out on the river sometime instead!

6. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

my parents arent really fisher-people so i gotta go where and when i can....got the invite to go to the lake with my friend so i went....looks like i probably shoulda stayed home tho....ill probably hit the river a few more times before spring if i can tho....

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey buddy! How is it going? The water is cold; time to hit the river & go out after the big boys. :p

8. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    Sounds to me you need to break the Tip-Ups and ice auger out.

9. Yellowboat

Yellowboat New Member

State:
    carolina
    still sounds like a great time outdoors too