Chesapeake Bay

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by JMarrs328, May 21, 2007.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Some time in july, i plan on going fishing out on the bay with a buddy. What baits/tackle should i take along if i want to target rock fish? What other fish would u suggest targeting?

2. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Your best bet would be live eel. Large cut menhadden is also good. trolling with large spoons and lures works too. use heavy tackle with a adequate drag(they can really pull). The best place to focus on, IMO, is around the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel. thats about all i know:lol:
    good luck
    have fun

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    hey thanks for the response!!!:cool2:

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    What area are you going to fish? Are you trying to troll or drift? Both of those will play a big part as to where to go and what to use. I grew up fishing the annapolis area of the bay and after the striper population came back we would troll mostly tandem bucktail rigs or big umbrella rigs. Last year I fished the upper part of the bay and were site casting to schools using topwater plugs in the shallow areas. I have once or twice used eels but would rather troll that mess with getting on a school with all the crazy charter boats running all over. Good luck and hope this helped.