Chesapeake bay retrivers

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 23, 2006.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    one of my friends has a chesapeake bay retriever, and she is one of the best bird dogs ive ever scene, she loves to hunt alot, we where doing target practice w/ a .30/.30 and she was going nuts! we had to but her in her kennel and she was still barking her head off. does anyone else have a chesapeake bay retriver that does this?

2. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a chesapeake that is an awesome dog as well she get really excited when she sees or hears the gun come up. They are an awesome breed.

3. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    They are great hunting dogs, but they are the hardest to train. You cannot let them get any bad habbits. You must socializeize them w/other dogs and people.

This is Bailey.

[​IMG]

4. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
  5. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    I have a new Chessie pup that i have named moose, he is a great dog, but is the hardest dog that I have ever had to train . He has a biting problem with my wife and daughter , but not me . I cant get him to retain anything for more than a day . i used to hunt over a Golden , and he made me look like a dog training master ( which I am not )
    I like the breed , but my wife is at her wits end

6. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i had a chessy a long time best bird dog i ever had an amazing breed that can handle the toughest conditions