cherry kool aid in dip bait??

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by flysure1, May 30, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A guy I fish with once in a while swears last sunday he was having no luck on his dip bait, then he tried mixing cherry kool aid in (he had been told by another fisherman to try it) and the bite was on, he ended up with 12 and a few missed, this was on the Mississippi river around lock 18, anyone else ever heard of using kool aid??, or have you already tried some??

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive tried strawberry kool aide with hotdogs. Works for me at city ponds where channels are stocked alot, but havent had much luck elsewhere.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    never heard of using it with dip bait but cherry and strawberry works well when you use it to soak chicken breast in.cats seem to like that pretty well.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes it will work. I have a friend that uses strawberry cool aid mix in his bait a lot and does very well. He also adds at times peanut butter and sorghum to enhance the bait once the fish stop biting.

5. supertodd

supertodd New Member

State:
    ORegon
    I use it in my special cure for salmon roe for salmon and steelhead fishing so I don't see why cats would not like it. I use orange and cherry depending what cool I want the eggs dyed

6. 3D Hunter

3D Hunter New Member

State:
    Central,PA
    I've used it when making my bait for carp but not catfish I may have to give it a try.

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi folkes, Cool Aid mix I am assuming the cherry flavor powder is this correct? do you mix it with a little water? or just powder and bait? I got to try it on hot dogs.

Jaime

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I may have to give it a try.