cherry chicken on the rocks??

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    My friend and i were fishing a long time ago. Heck i wasnt even old enough to drive yet. Anyway and there was an old man fishing across the lake from us and he was taring up the fish. all decent size eater. literally after 15 or 20 fish i walked over and asked him what he was using for bait. He told us cherry chicken. which ironically was one of the baits we had with us. Which of course i told him and he proceeded to tell us that the trick to cherry chicken is instead of adding a little water, add a little vodka or gin and it would give you the edge. id have to say we tried it and although our results weren't quite the same as his that night. we did seem to have better luck with it than with "virgin" cherry chicken. I haven't used it for quite a few years, mostly because i target the big boys. but i thought that was appropriate to share with you all under the homemade baits department.

2. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    probaly something to that like when people use fermented milo or corn thats almost alchol right?

3. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i reckon, i dont know what the deal is but it did work....