Cherokee Lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JRicker, Jul 9, 2007.

1. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Anyone catfish in Cherokee Lake?

2. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    I fish mostly holston, i would like to get out to boone and cherokee, but i dont have my tenn lic. there like $42, give me a holla if you live close..

3. Bubbatn

Bubbatn New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I havent yet. I was actually planning on going this past friday night, but since we didnt know the waters well....we stuck to Norris(where I normally fish).

I would be curious where most of the cats come from on cherokee as well. :eek:oooh:

4. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    I can take you where i fish sometimes its good sometimes its not or if you have a boat could probably do alot better at finding places i rented a boat to take the wife out a month ago during the day and found several limblines

5. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I also fish Houston more than anywhere else. We have a camper at one of the campgrounds on the Va side. I fish Cherokee lake several times each year (except this year:sad2:).

I put in around the German creek area on some of the TVA's land. I have a friend that lives close to where I put the boat in at and if he cannot go out with me I do not make the trip. I have a few places marked on my GPS but he is always taking me to different places. He knows where they are and what they are eating. He fishes 6-7 days a week and grew up on that lake. We either go out for eater channels or striper's. I have seen some large Flatheads come out of Cherokee. My friend got one last year that he said was 52 inch's long and he released it (as he should have).
    I always catch more cats on Cherokee than Houston and I think it is worth the price of the out of state license. Plus the Tenn lic allows you to fish all of Houston.