cherokee lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catman_mark, Oct 16, 2009.

1. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im from kentucky but i fish cherikee often. I was woundering some good spots to fish. I never stay long anought o find any new spots.I stay across from hamblin dock i think its the name of it, aat the lake veiw cabins. I do alright around the cabins but would like a few more spots.

2. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Hi Mark, I don't have any answers for ya. I just saw that you are fairly new here on BOC & wanted to welcome you. I hope u Njoy the BOC, lotsa good info and people...:cool2:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Mark. Glad your here.

4. festus

festus New Member

Welcome to the BOC, Mark. I don't fish Cherokee, but have a neighbor who bass fishes tournaments up there. If you're fishing from the bank, John Sevier Steam Plant is good for catfish. Cherokee Lake is more known for bass and stripers, and is stocked often with sauger, crappie, walleye, and hybrids. I fished the tailwaters of Cherokee Dam many many years ago and remember it was during the spring white bass run, so my knowledge is limited, but I know there has to be catfish in there. My neighbor fishes the German Creek section quite a bit, but as I said, it's mainly for bass.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I have never fished cherokee but my son lives in jefferson city. He tournament fishes there a lot for bass. He complains a lot about the cats taking crank baits. He caught a 32 lb. blue on a crank bait. Since he hadn't caught any bass he took the blue in to weigh in He would have won had they allowed it.

6. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, that's the way it happens sometime. It hasn't been a very good year for catfish for me. My biggest this year was a little less than a 10 pound channel, and I caught it on a twistertail grub fishing for sauger. When I seriously fish for cafish, I usually catch something else. If I fish for something else, I catch catfish. :eek:oooh: I saw a fisherman catch a 20+ pounder on a big swimbait fishing for striper below Melton Hill Dam this past spring. :confused2: In the past I have caught several good size cats on plastic worms while bass fishing.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009