Cheney

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kat king, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    anyone been cat chasin at cheney lately or on the north fork? hope your havin better luck than me.......:angry:

2. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I went last friday and we did alright. We caught 20 biggest being 7 1/2 down to 1lb kept a few for dinner and let the big ones go. We caught all our fish on dip bait and punch bait. We were in a boat fishing timber. We tried the river a lil bit but only was able to get one lil one. I have been having my best luck at cheney from a boat this year but a friend of mine has been doing alright from shore. I just keep going on the wrong days when i fish from shore i guess :smile2:

3. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    what timber and was you fishing on the bottom or using a float

4. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    i was out there monday drifting caught one at about 6pm in 10 ft. of water on shrimp

5. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    small ones is all i have been catchin. i dont know any spots on the lake i fish the river from shore usually by the mouth its a long walk tho :smile2:....... glad to hear someone is catchin fish.

6. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    thanks for the answer back if your fishing from shore try the feeder at mr. ds cove it usely has cats hanging around it ahso the mouth of the river ive been catching a few

7. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    thanks for the info:big_smile:.... i might be goin tonight if so i will try the feeder i just really never have much luck chasin them whiskers on the lake. have you heard or know if there is big flathead in cheney?

8. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    They are there, but very few and far between. You almost have to get lucky, and most are caught by guys fishing for something else.:roll_eyes:

9. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    thanks jeff for the info:big_smile: its good to have a place where us whisker chasers can share our info with eachother. U ever fish the north fork by freds bait shop?

10. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    i have there some holes around the bridge. the fish ive caught up there are mainly small ones

11. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    i agree small is all i ever caught by the bridge also. i think its time to find a new spot i just know there are big ones in there tho. thanks for your info 01richard u been a big help:big_smile:...

12. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    The timber we was fishing is nw of wenzel cove. We were in about 8 to 10 ft of water. The was just a couple of limbs sticking up that we tied to but under the water there was alkinds of brush. I could tell when you realed in a fish because he was bouncing of all kinds of limbs. Plus all the hooks i lost out there. You can fish the upper end of the cove by shore but u will have to wade way out to get to where we were if you dont have a boat. The upper end of the cove has more trees sticking out of the water and its only like 3 or 4 foot. We didnt get any bites up that way though. Hope this helps

13. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    thanks for the info im going to try to get out there on fri night

14. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i've caught some big ones under the willow tree down by freds bait shop and does anyone kno wat happened to freds cuz i went up there and it was closed up

15. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    hey joe i have been goin there my whole life the original owner sold it to another guy named fred who did not do a great job runnin it and ended up sellin it last week i went and fished the river there and its still for sale man wish i could buy that place alot of old memories there...see more on the bait shop post look for my post..thanks :big_smile:

16. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks