cheney lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gbennett21, May 14, 2008.

1. gbennett21

gbennett21 New Member

State:
    kansas
    anybody know some good shore fishing at this lake thinking about heading up there this weekend ive only fished it once last year with no luck (i dont have a boat and i like to catch channels and flats) just catfishing please heres a pic if you got any advice just let me know:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    i would fish the dam, north end. i have caught channels off the dam and whitebass, walleye. the area up on the end of the lake where the river flows in is good also, good luck rwg

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good luck with the flatheads.:smile2: There are some good channels in there but they are mostly small ones. I think there are some feeders close to the bank on the north end, you might try those. Also the river is probably the best spot if its moving at all.They will be moving up to spawn.

4. gbennett21

gbennett21 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for the info im hopeing to at least get something out of there this weekend.any of you guys planning to fish this weekend

5. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    If you can get out on refuge point its inside the game refuge on the north east side. it is really good also wenzel cove is a good cove also. Then the river is another good spot. I went out there last friday night and the lake was way up and so was the river. I dont know for sure if it has went down at all. My buddies went out there last week and they were fishing off wichita point and didnt do to bad. Stop at the bait shop below the dam or go to the parks department and get a map. That will help you get around the lake. I use stink bait, shrimp and white perch. The perch can be caught at the lake on a ultra light rod and reel and a little small piece of worm. The lake is full of them. What perch you catch make sure you either throw them away or turn them loose because if you get caught taking them off the lake they will fine you. Hope this
    helps and sorry it is so long

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    To add to what Shawn said, white perch can only be used as cut bait on the lake. It is probably the best bait you can use on Cheney. It is infested with them.

7. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Thanks kyle i forgot to add that.

8. gbennett21

gbennett21 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks to all for the info and special thanks for leting me know about the white pearch fine ididnt know that:eek:oooh: man i would like to catch up with some of you guys to do some fishing one day (so maybe i could learn how to catch bigger and more fish,i have never cought a fish over 2lbs:embarassed:

p.s but the kids have lots of fun so thats what really matters,thay are winning or little catfish fish off 10 to 1 and i got the 1 so far this month thay are tearing them up with small hooks and worms, im using stink bait just got that secert 7 bait by team catfish havent cought nothing not even a bite on it has any of you guys had luck with it? and whats a good rig for stink bait hook size and sinker?:eek:oooh:(the winner of are fish off gets a catfish sticker haha its just me and my two boys there 5,4 years old so there really excited and to me thats what its all about .some day the big one will come

9. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i think it will produse better in the river this summer