Cheese Sausage Onion Fritter

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Boomer, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Been making these for years, we just called them deep fried cheese biscuits....But in a "Rambling Post" I learned the correct name, for these are Fritters....

1 c. Flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 eggs
    1/2c. milk
    1 tsp bacon fat or sausage fat
    sausage
    1/2 cup your favorite cheese (shredded)
    1-2 green onions cut fine

Blend dry ingredients in bowl, mix together milk, eggs and fat, mix until smooth, then add the cheese, and remix, then add the desired amout of fried and crumbled sausage and remix, then add the green onions. Drop by spoon fulls into hot vegetable oil, cook about 3 minutes until golden brown.....

My favorite way of eating these are to take some french onion dip and dip the fritters into it. Sour cream is also good also.

I have added other ingredients into these, I have used Japalenos, and bell peppers, and celery....if you do this, make sure they are cut up real fine....

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The fritter made from a rootin critter sounds good Gary. Me being the chief cook and dish washer, i'll try this asap.

3. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Sounds like a great way to start or end a day. Thanks for the info and will try it this weekend.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I can see five more pounds coming on fast lol :smile2:
    I better not buy any new pants till the after Christmas sales :eek:oooh:
    Seriously, the little lady and I are getting a new deep fryer and I will be testing some of these things out. Doughnuts and crullers are first on my list, but now you went and opened up a whole new can of worms! lol Now I gotta add fritters! :crazy:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds real good,I'll be trying that for sure. The only fritter I ever ate was corn fritters,My dad really liked those,so we had em alot . I never learned to make em.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks Gary. Thats on my to try list for sure!!

7. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    That sure sounds tasty, I also will have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing.

8. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Thanks Gary , that recipe looks good and easy.

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My Mom use to make corn fritters, all you do is take the basic recipe and add whole kernel corn to it. leave off the cheese and sausage and onions.... I havent had them for a long time, my wife cannot eat corn, so I just make the cheese/sausage and onion ones now....

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I sometimes cheat on this recipe....if I dont feel like making a mess, I go down to the store and buy those cheap biscuits (not the flakey type) and use that instead, not as good I dont think but quick...

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I did up a mess of apple fritters, man were the good, I forgot how good till I bit into one of those powdered sugar coated little jewels, "wow" is all I could mumble between mouthfuls! lol :smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Thanks for reminding me Gary. :cool2:

12. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    gonna try this for sure