cheeny lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by 01richard, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    does anyone fish cheeny lake

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Every great once in awile.I might go next week for the walleye.Other than that its not really worth the drive.Way better fishing elsewhere.

3. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like to go there just because its close,gets downright dangerous when the wind kicks up.

4. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    Their getting some really quality Walleye, and Wipers out of there these days, and they used to have some giant Stripers. Not sure about cats.

5. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I fish it alot cause it is close. There is not a bad place to fish out there but the wind can be a major pain. There are some good wallys, hybrids, cats and strippers to. Most everything big is caught drifting. I dont have a boat so i do all my fishing from the bank and that is what i like about cheney. Its a great lake to fish from the bank. I have caught some nice cats and i have seen pics of real nice flats. You just have to be at the right place at the right time. Beware of the white perch it is infested with them. It is good and bad cause they work great for bait but if you like to fish with worms they will tear up a dozen worms in a hurry. If you need any other advice pm me. Shawn

6. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    thanks for the info going to get the boat out today and go give it a try if the wind stays down

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have caught several channel cat between 15 and 25 lbs over the past 3 years, and seen to many that size to count caught out of there.

There are flats in there too, but not enough to target them exclusively, but one of the best channel cat lakes around, no doubt.

We camp out there almost every weekend in the summer, just because it is close, and have a lot of friends who camp there too.