Cheech and Chong re-union

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by blindfly69, Aug 18, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well its official, its under definite MAYBE status lol.....what do ya'll think? i've heard rumors for years about a new one.....cheech just doesnt want to do the same stuff anymore i hear....im hopin that a new movie will someday see the light of day....what do you think? would you all want to see a new C&C movie any time soon?

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'd love to see it happen. I used to like those guys.

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I would like to see a......

What were we talking about?

I'm hungry.

4. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    would love to see it, but tommy chong said recently that cheech wasn't interested in doing it anymore becouse he felt it portrayed mexicans in a negative light so I wouldnt hold my breath, but who knows for the right amount of money anything could happen :confused2:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dave's not here man.....
    It's me Dave, open up.....
    Daves not here man.....
    C'mon, I think they followed me....

Tommy got out of jail not too long ago, loved him on the 70's show. Cheech has been great in movies and TV also. Would be great to see a reunion.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Tommy has been on the interview trail lately-seems that for some reason Cheech has some hard feelings for Tommy....he wouldn't say anything else .
    He didn't badmouth him at all.

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Those guys are awesome and I would love to see it happen!
    The "Dave's not here" scene is classic!!!

My wife doesnt understand that type of humor but yet loves movies like Friday, and Next Friday which is the darker version of the same concept.
    So Ill be seeing any new C&C movies by myself......

Salmonid

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yeah, Tommy was on Howard this week. I just watched the episode on Howard TV, I do not see a reunion in the future.

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    The wife and I used to go to Comedy shows a lot. We saw Tommy Chong do a live show with his wife Shelby, in Lansing's Connexxions Comedy Club the day before he had to report to prison.

It was a somewhat somber show from what Ive heard of Tommy's shows, but I still laughed myself silly at the man. He really has talent for making the world think he is a doped up idiot, but think about it- he has truly honed the character so well that you'd figure that this is how he really is... which I assure you by the tempo of that show, HE IS NOT.

Tommy Chong is a funny man. He is a good actor, a great writer, and is a very personable guy... as I suppose most weed-smokers are. (you cant be a loudmouth jerk when all you really want is doritos and all you really need is a glass of water)

He said he'd finish up the film while in prison- and the film's storyline he told us is that Sgt Stedenko would be back. He said that this film would be a later-in-life continuation of "Up in Smoke" where he and cheech would be living together but have their aging ailments- diabetes, and such which would make pot smoking impossible.... until the boys invent a topical ointment with THC in it. Beyond that would be the typical antics of the duo- silly sexual humor and the like.

He did say that cheech would be involved... but that Cheech had reservations because he did not want to offend any mexicans. He then added that the S.O.B. is not even a mexican but an Iranian and used to outsmoke even he and Shelby... so Cheech really has neither anything to prove nor to hide from. We all know what the hell he is and what he did... "Cheech is just scared now cause he has grandkids- like the kids didnt matter but the grandkids do." ROTFL. That line brought the house into full-out laughter.

I hope they do it- If nothing else, to bring out a more current thing to overplay on Comedy Central.

Sal

10. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I enjoyed them in "the day" but hope they do not do a reunion.
    As a mature adult, I just don't see anything good about glorifying drug use. :crazy:

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    yeah...Cheech took qiute a bit of flack from the Mexican community for while because of the character he played...he's maintained himself in show business pretty good though with all the movies and tv shows he's been in.

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    That would be neat to see. I believe tho that they would change thier act to bring it up to the times.
    Bill

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI

ROTFL... Oh yeah?

And Nash Bridges really hurt his credibility with people who are annoyed by Don Johnson.

hahahhahahahahahaaaa

Tubbs #2!

ROTFL

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    yeah :lol: :lol: I hear ya!:lol: :lol:

15. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    tommy jus released a book that he wrote while he was in jail ( meditations from the joint)

16. BAITFISH

BAITFISH New Member

State:
    Bringhurst,IN.
    Code name HARDHAT!!! HARDHAT!!

17. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Id love to see a new movie, I still love watching the old ones.