checking in...

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by kyleco55, May 24, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well guys the weather is nice here at dale hollow... fishing is SLOW to say the least.. we cant find them anywhere.. smallmouths are really active chasing minners, but we cant get them to bite our minnows on bobbers... hopefully today will be more active.. some guys next to us caught a whole lotta nice channels yesterday, but they were in a fishin boat with 2 finders.. well back to the water... ill be back online monday night or tuesday.. take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've always wanted to go down to Dale Hollow. My parents used to go down there quite a bit long before I came along haha. They used to rent a house boat...Dad one time caught about a 20lb blue when they anchored for the night in a cove. He dubbed the fish "Bubba" and loves to tell the story. Said he had a line out on the bottom casted parallel with the shore with 3 dead minnows on when he caught "Bubba." Pretty classic story of how he got it in haha.

Good luck to ya with the rest of your trip...hope you land on a monster smallie :roll_eyes:

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kyle look for a shellrock bottom!! and make sure it is no deeper then 5-6ft.. you should tare up the channels and blues

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well im home now.. didnt have very good luck down at the holler.. caught a bullhead, and 1 smallmouth.. that was it.... we had a great time though, cant wait to get back down there next time..

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hope we make it down at least once this year!!!

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh yeah heading to dale hollow the week of july 4th:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: