checking catfish jugs

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by cobra, Aug 25, 2008.

1. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yesterday a friend of mine was on mt island, getting ready to look his jugs that were left out saturday night, mind you now these jugs were not floating free, but had 2 pound weight on them, had his name a phone number on the jugs
    well he went up the river to where he always sits his jugs, when he got there another guy in a pontoon boat was in the process of picking up his jugs, you gotta know my friend he is the type that messes with no one until he gets ticked off, so he pulled up to the guy with his jugs on the floor of the pontoon boat, ties up to the boat , jumps into the boat and kinda beats the guy about his head, then picks up his jugs and fish gets back into his boat and finishes picking up his jugs, and goes home, later that day my friend had a knock at his door, and sure enough it was the police wanting to talk with him, after he explained what happened the police got back into the car and left.
    so now if you are picking up jugs with names and phone numbers on them beware the white pontoon boat.

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Your friend gets an "atta boy" from me. He should have tapped him on his head a few extra times for those of us that weren't lucky enough to catch them in the act!

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't that guy know that is stealing, your friend should have call the game warden and then pressed charges on him now your friend might have not heard the end of it. It could wind up in a civil suite even he should win it still will cost for an lawyer, Anyway I bet it got the guys att.:smile2::smile2:

4. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    he told me he got the guys attention, as for civil suit i said the same thing to him , but as he usually does he said "its ok by me" the guy in the boat better be glad his son wasn't with him.

i doubt the guy that received the knots will do anything because sak got photos of him picking up the jugs and his boat number

5. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    thats what i like just make sure he or you get the right pontoon it mite backfire.:angry::sad2::big_smile:the roundhill

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...jumps into the boat and kinda beats the guy about his head...."

Wow, I am glad that did not happen to me. :crazy:

That would have been terrifying!! I would have feared for my life had someone boarded my vessel and assaulted me. He would have been met with a pair of .45 FMJ's to the chest and the only knock on the door would be to notify his next of kin. :wink:

Thank God it was not me. :wink:

BTW, your friend sounds like a moron for doing that, IF it really happened that way.

7. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yes he is a idiot, but he is the type that if he is anchored down fishing you could pull up beside him and fish right beside him as long as you would talk to him, but don't tick him off, and i guess the guy stealing his jugs ticked him off, as for two 45's, i would never pull a gun on him, he might back away ,but he might not

8. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina

Sounds to me like a man boarding a vessel to whoop some tail has prolly whooped a tail or two in his day. As for shooting a man for boarding your boat, you better have your shit straight. Somebody can break and enter your house and unless theyre in your doorway you cant shoot them. Still then, you have to have evidence they were "threatening your life", which means if you shoot them in the back your screwed. Go ahead and shoot someone for boarding your boat, but you better make sure they had a bush axe in their hand coming for ya. Otherwise, a homicide out on the water would make you look the like the moron with your .45's.

9. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    stealing a jug on the lake, small fine. assulting someone for a mestermeaner that will get you in deep. smart guy. he would have never tied to my boat without a few knocks in the head. but I will say if everything was as it was stated then the jug stealer was in the wrong. but you just cant take the law into your hands.

10. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    all you need to do is look in his eyes, but like said he is a nice guy until ticked off lol.
    we were at santee fishing and spent the night down there me, him and his son, well they got into a poker game with couple locals, before we went down to this little house, i told him that he better watch these guys they gonna sit you up, me i don't gamble with cards and i went with his boy and him just to watch, he caught them cheating , when he did his boy grabbed me and pushed my outside, you never heard such a brawl, but they got the money back, i told him i would have help him but the boy pushed me outside to keep me from getting hurt, all he did was grin and say thats ok we took care the problem, now that was back about 9 years ago and people still remember what the other two guys looked like:crazy:

11. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey man wasn't me that jumped into the boat, but i can tell you this, better not be picking up jugs on mt island that have a name on them and let him or his boy catch you, cause they will crawl right in there with you and i don't think you could handle these two:roll_eyes::wink: these two woodcutters would work on you

12. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Maybe the conversation should switch to "What would YOU do if you caught someone stealing your fishing gear?" - Call the DNR or the "Law"(other words - NOTHING) or confront the person and get YOUR property back? Me, I would get my property back. WITHOUT GUNS! :roll_eyes: And I will answer for all the tough talkers - you would also get your property back. Just some food for thought.:wink:

13. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    all i am doing is telling what happened, me i have had enough of the violet stuff in my life when i was a young guy.:tounge_out:

14. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro

As you are always asking the rr boys, I will ask you. Where are the pictures ?

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Cobra I know you only make these post to get a rise out of RR fisherman but all it does is gives juggers abad name. He better have packed a lunch if he would have boarded my pontoon even if his son was with him.

16. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Cobra, something ain't right about the story about your friend putting some knots on someones head for stealing his jugs. You state that the police came out to see him and when your bud explained what happened, the police got in his car and left. Well, the police would not just come out to your buds house to find out what happen. They only come out when there has been a complaint made, which is in the form of a warrant. It is not the policepersons job to decide who is right or wrong, he could have gotten a statement from your bud but, it is the court of whatever county the charge was made in to decide if they want to take action. Looks like it is time to back up and contact your bud and find out what really took place between him and the police.

17. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    just telling you what he told me, he has never lied to me that i know of, maybe they came out to take him away i don't know

18. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    but if you like to see some i can show you

19. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Cobra shoots more sh&t than a double barrel do do gun.
    I dont belive it happened to anyone he knows, because they fish sometimes. cobra dont jugg or RR because he sits on computer and instigates more crap. you are setting a record cobra...your well over a hundred post and you just joined in july wow....is that a personal best? almost all post have been trying to get an arguement started. do you have nothing better to do? try fishing, its a fun sport, get the juggers or RR boys to show you how and then you might could come back with something useful to say.

PS if someone steps aboard my boat un-invited...they better bring their son.

20. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jerry, i have a brotherinlaw named jerry, and he is a truck driver and from what i have seen from you you are a truck driver because you sure do know a lot about nothing, yes i work 14 hours a day in front of this computer, and i am free to do as i wish because i own the company, as for me fishing, i go when i am ready , no need for me to beg for a day off, as i am sure you have to do, ask wyllie he has seen the proof. you are the type that belives cow horns will not hook you but they will.
    no need to talk with people like you, i was just passing the thing he told me and your feeble mind could not see that, if you will read (if you can) you will see that
    how about it elrod:cool2:

do do gun.
    I dont belive it happened to anyone he knows, because they fish sometimes. cobra dont jugg or RR because he sits on computer and instigates more crap. you are setting a record cobra...your well over a hundred post and you just joined in july wow....is that a personal best? almost all post have been trying to get an arguement started. do you have nothing better to do? try fishing, its a fun sport, get the juggers or RR boys to show you how and then you might could come back with something useful to say.

PS if someone steps aboard my boat un-invited...they better bring their son.[/quote]