CHECK YOURSELF FOR WOODTICKS

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slimdaddy, Jun 7, 2009.

1. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    to all you guys out there you wanna be sure and check youself for ticks i got one about 3 weeks ago found it in my belly button pulled it out and thought no more about it and last week i got a rash all over my belly and a bad sore where the tick was had symptoms of lyme desease as i read on some website went to the hospital tonite dr said it wasnt but he said it was a bad infection from it and gave me antibiotics so make sure you check youself good for these critters. dont if the dr knows what he was talking about but what i read on the website that it is lyme with the rash and stiff neck

2. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Good advice, I found one right in the "family jewels" area before after coming back from a little target practice near some woods, didn't even notice it until that night when I had to go to the bathroom.... talk about a "surprise in your pants" LOL.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Keith most if not all people with lyme disease get a Bull's eye looking circle where they where bit at ,And youd be in the hospital way before 3 week's if that was the case.

4. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I thought it was only deer ticks that carried lyme? Not even sure you can get it from wood or dog ticks?

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I contacted Lyme disease about 10 years ago, I got real sick about two months after the bite..I was on antibiotics of quite awhile.

I still have some symptoms to this day, such as unexplained fever and joint pain.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    ALSO THE DR SAID IF I DIDNT HAVE RASH ON MY LEGS THEN ITS not lyme i got bit in the belly button so why would i have it on my legs

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Keith thanks for sharing the good advise. Appreciated.