Check this video out...is this ok practice?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by LadyValea1, Oct 4, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
  2. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I don't know... I guess if they needed to eat the carp...

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    If its legal to hunt fish in any state with bow then they have the right to do it, it's no different then catching a catfish and leaving it lay and die. I just dont care for Peta stupid movies they put up. And people watch them. I wish I would of new it was a Peta site before I clicked on it.

4. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    For those that are doing it to put food on the table... I don't have a problem with it. People have been bow hunting since way before any of us were born.......

5. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    personally i bowfish every now and then and enjoy the heck out of it and really enjoyed the video i hate p.e.t.a. with a passion they are a bunch of tree hugging hippies ( once again no offence to any regular hippies out there )

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm all for bowfishing. If it were legal to do so, I would bowfish for cats as well, but it's not so, I don't.
    I can just imagine all the PETA people crying as the watch this video!!!:big_smile:

Eric

7. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I didn't see the video, but I bowfish a lot in the summer and love it!!

8. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I like the idea of catch and release or eat the darn thing....or use it for fertilizer or cut bait. Don't leave the fish for flies to eat "yuck":tounge_out:

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I agree, shooting them just to throw them on the bank is wrong. I eat them and i'm sure most people who bowfish do as well.

Eric

10. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Bowfishing will always be there no matter what Peta or CAG try to say. Bringing movies or any attention to the peta sites will make them happy. What you do with the fish is up to the person ding it. It's a legal sport and they want them out of the bodies of water.They are out to stop all bowfishing, catfishing, just about all fishing. If you want to post about and for peta, Please post elsewhere.

12. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    the two tournements i have been in piled all the fish caught in a big pile at the end of the day in the same way that video ended to show people the fish then they were taken of to be made in to fertilizer but of course those dang p.e.t.a. jerks do not show that part of it

13. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice video thanks for the post Ive never bow hunted for fish but it looks like the guys were having a good time. Looked like they caught some nice bait.

14. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I sometimes fish near the Trinty river...I always find dead Gar or Carp on the banks...Its nasty!!! Big ole fat ugly buzzing blue butt flies eating the stinky smelling rotting flesh...and for some reason the darn flies like to land on me and give me kisses yuck!!!:crazy:

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great words Big Eli!!!

I have bow fish only about 4 times and it was to take out unwanted gar and snapping turtles out of a neighbors lake.. but if i caught fish to eat, then i think it would be for me,,, but since all i do is catch and release i guess if your feeding the family with it but for anyother purpose i just dont see the point... As to bow hunting catfish... H*LL NO... For some reason a catfish is like gold to me.... if i cant catchem rod and reel then i dont need them

16. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Same goes for me! :angry: PETA SUCKS!

17. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    people usually only bowfish for carp due to the populations are out of control,and I do believe people should still make use out of the fish for fertilizer and such instead of leaving them on the bank to rot. That ruins anybodies fishing trip with rotting fish next to you.You also have to realize fish die of natural causes and end up on shore also.Also peta is just wrong I bet everyone of them has eaten meat of some kind,but i guess some people like to have things to bit!# about.Just my opinion

18. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I personally think that a peta video has no place on this web site but than again who am I to judge.
    I also think carp are a bad fish to have in any water, so whatever it takes to eradicate them so be it.
    If you think shooting them with a bow is bad, wait till you see how many carp get killed when the dnr treat the water with chemicals to eliminate them all from a body of water.

19. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those peta freeks don't know about, or care to know about conservation. Things (fish, deer, etc.) must die so others may live happily and healthily. If rough fish weren't overpopulated, then killing them with a bow would not be legal. Where I live, you can only bowhunt for fish in flood water where they would die anyway when the water recedes. Don't buy into peta's propaganda routine. They never tell the whole story and want you to feel sorry for animals that need to die anyway. All carp are non native invasive species that compete with our native species for food and interfere with spawning of all other fish. Those bighead carp would be fun to shoot with a 12 guage when they fly out of the water at you. Now that's a sport. Eat that peta! I've got a steak to grill. C-ya.

20. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri

DeerHunter I agree 100%, I personally have not bowfished but it looks like it would be a blast. The worst part of these videos is that they only show 1 side of there issues. You could put money that the guys at Muzzy did not just throw those fish out to rot along the banks. If I had know this was a PETA video I would not have clicked the link and watched it.