Check this crazy rod out....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Memphis_Catfish_King, Jan 11, 2007.

1. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Wow how has kids become so lazy. You know what in his next T.V. show I want to see him use that thing and catch a good size fish to see if it breaks.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    And Roland Martin's putting his name behind it? Good Lord........

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    pretty cool - it would work in dense vegetation/overhanging trees situations, maybe someday I will try one out to see how it works. but nothing can beat the traditional spinning rod.

4. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree, I would like to see say... a 100 pound PLUS or even a 60 pounder or so get caught with that stupid thing!!
    I know how to do that without using a gadget like that! ... In fact, I know a couple of ways to do it just as good if not better withOUT any stupid gadget like that!! Common Sense and two good hands is all it takes.
    Trouble is, so many of today's "kids" are growing up without much common sense!:sad2: I know for a fact and from teaching experience!
    Well, thats my 2 cents worth!
    Later All
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

5. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    My Son has been telling me about that Rocket rod. he has seen it on TV and i hadnt, now I know what he is talking about. I bet it will get alot of young kids into fishing!

6. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah, like HeadyD said:

My first reaction was something like, that's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

But then, I thought - well... maybe it will get a fiew more kids started fishing, and then when they see how poorly it works they'll get a zebco, then when they see how crummy tha is, they'll get a spinning rod or a baitcaster...

7. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    haha my girlfriend was going to get me one for my birthday as a gag gift lol. i would have cracked up. but 40 dollars is way too much for a gag gift. I think the rod would be fun to mess around with maybe shot it at people or something but i think its stupid lol.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If anybody wants to buy me one,PM me for my addy.I'll be glad to try it out and give reviews for my BOC family! LMAO!!! :lol:

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    It would be a good gift for someone that is handicapped tho, I would like to see a nicer version for adults that may only have the use of one arm or something like that put an automatic retrieval and it would be ideal.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    That's much better than the snoopy pole. J.W. will love this thing. Are they available in pink? ...W

11. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    That is a good idea gary. I bet that would work great if it had an automatic retrieve. good idea.

12. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Ryang you have a point there. I think that it sould come in adult size for handicapped personell. I know of 2 guys that love to fish but because they only have one arm now they cant. Becasue they cant reel and hold the rod at the same time.

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I think it is a great idea.

First, get the child interested in fishing. Heck, how many kids are fishing for more than 4-5 lb fish when they START fishing. Heck, it would be great for bluegill and crappie.

Then, once they are hooked, start introducing them to the various different types of rods/reels.

14. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i had only heard of it and thought what a good idea, but now after seein it i see how cheaply made it is. and $40???? cmon! its a spring with a $5 spincast reel! id rather buy a zebco 404 outfit and teach a kid the correct way to fish! That being said, i do see where something like this would be useful. my brother is laid up for months after back surgery. casting a rod conventionally is out, but something like this might work. im thinking like something that could be attached on the end of a regular pole to cast, then taken off after the cast.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The reason behind this is to make money. Roland just went through a big divorce a couple of years back then re-married a gal named Judy. The first wife and the kids got his marina in clewston. I would say that he needs to create or back something that will bring in some money.
    By the way there is a powerd reel already on the market for people with disabilities. The bass world has used it for a few years.

16. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    u no ppl can say what they want but the kid at heart in me wants one lol

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kids will just shoot each other with it.:crazy: I don't know about y'all, but I've hooked numerous 6-8# catfish while fishing for perch and crappie. An 8# channel cat would snap that toy like a twig. Same with the pocket pole. Seen that one yet? Looks like an ink pen, and telescopes out into a "handy" little fishing pole. Even has a tiny little reel that hooks on to it. I can buy a pretty good combo for what one of those toys cost. Ever been to a chineese resteraunt with a coi pond inside. That would be the only use for a rod 'n' reel that small. Sneek that little baby in there and hook into one of their precious coi. I'm sure I would get the kung foo kick right up outa there, but man that would be fun!LOL!!!

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To catch bait,it would be fun for children,but the risk is always there for a biggun to come along and then a child could be sorely disappointed JMHO:big_smile:

19. kacal

kacal New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Just Pump Launch Fish and Reel them in ok just what i need for that price it will be good for one day .......i do like the Bobber seen them on E-Bay :cool2: