Check this catfish out

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfish kenny, Sep 3, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't know if the pics will do this any justice but my boy ,brother and I went out tonight and my brother caught this cat....I am familiar with blue-channel-flats and bulls but this thing was all kinds of weird/deformed.I have never saw anything like it and I have been fishin most of my life....what do you think?:eek:oooh: JUST A WEE BIT DEFORMED EEHHHHHH?:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My guess is ya got a skinny tired worn out done spawnin male that was lucky enough to find your bait and get back on the road to recovery. I sure hope ya took em out for a meal. LOL!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My nephew caught a similar lookin cat a year ago ,looked tike it should have weighed 6-7 lbs but it was less than three,We cleaned it and found its insides completely infested with round worms. needless to say the kittys had that one for a meal.

4. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    yeah, his dorsal fin looks deformed, but that can happen lots of ways. Mainly he just looks like either he aint eatin or it has some kind of parasite. I don't know if I'd even feed him to your pets.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Yep, most likely parasites. Toss him in the woods somewhere.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, I wouldn't eat that one. He looks pretty sickly. It's just an old skinny channel cat. Every once in a while we get one like that at the fish farm I work at. I guess the others just out compete them for food.

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That catfish is deformed, I've agree Flat I think I would put that one back.

8. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    KINDA LOOKS NUKED?

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :waaaht:That fish is not intended for the frying pan lol.

10. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    dont know if that is one . but i have done research looking for pictures of one . but i have read many things about how they will inter breed. to me he looks like a channle and a flatt. or sick ,lol

11. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    There is a picture of a catfish that looks just like that in the last issue of catfish gold magazine I have the mag in my locker at work If you have the issue and youll see what its called if not Ill let you guys know tommorow.

12. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Wow that cat looks like someone ran it over, Hmmm That's weird. I wouldn't eat it

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    So.......... if a flathead and channel breed, are the babies FLANNEL CATS??:smile2::smile2::smile2::tounge_out:

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Maybe he was gut hooked in the past and it impeded his eating maybe. That or the parasites

15. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    he looks like a Dr Suess character, which i dont think is very good for a catfish. lol

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I agree with the other posts. Sick looking.

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Personally, I think that cat is a prime example of one that should be turned over to your local DNR. They would be able to to check the fish and determine if there was a problem that could affect the fishery, or if it was just as Bill Engval says, a Dork Fish

18. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    o.k. here is what you need to do, set it down very slowly, now RUNNNNNNNN that thing looks radio active!!!!!!!:smile2::smile2:

19. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I had posted to a simular thread, and I have seen a bunch of them in one pond my little brother over-stocked, and I'm telling ya bro's that fish is starving to death.IMHO:sad2:

20. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think your thinking of the saltwater gafftopsail cat, with the slimey loose looking skin and the deformed upper dorsal fin.