Check Out This Stringer!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 7, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Caught so many today that when I plugged the digital camera into the computer the cord looked like a dynamite wick! Burnt down my computer, but saved the house! I'm am on the wife's computer now! It is somewhat newer than mine. But is saying estimated download completion time 3 days and 22 minutes. So I will try to delete all pictures under 52 pounds. :roll_eyes: Water temps on the Muskingum were 44.7 before noon, and 46.2 this late afternoon. I was kinda suprised to see suface temps that warm today. Wind was a major factor in where we got to fish. We had two hook ups and lost both.. Small channels I assume. And a bunch of good hits, but none committed. Bait was filleted sides of bluegill and crappie, and also had some nightcrawlers. Marked a bunch of fish, they seemed finicky. Most bites came at the head of a hole in approx. 8 foot of water. It was nice to get out on the river again, and run the boat! Better days to come soon I hope! It may be awhile before Im back out again with the arrival of our son this coming week, so best of luck to all of you if Im not around here to read about your reports! Goodluck, and be safe!! rollo

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    On a day like today it good to be on the water even if there's no fish to show for it.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jason,I was going to call you today, but didn't because I was worried about interrupting your fast action. Boy I'm glad I didn't now. That was an impressive report. Who was in the boat with you?

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I took a couple friends of mine. Glad you didn't call also. At one point I was affraid we were gonna swamp the boat with all the fish being landed!:smile2: Tole them not to worry about getting pic.s, just throw em back asap! :eek:oooh::crazy: rollo

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jason glad you had such a great day on the water.

6. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I hope they had their waders on. Sounds like it was getting deep fast!!!!:smile2::crazy::smile2:

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    WOW! Here I thought I had a good day when I hooked into that monster walleye and it drug the boat around for an hour and a half before he hung me up and broke my line....Good thing the water temp. was warm(mid 40's) I jumped in to get it unhung and it bit my left arm. I gave up on it and got back in the boat and called it a day........Did I mention I was using 6# test line???
    :crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink::smile2::cool2:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya John.. I just told Sarah to get out of bed, and take me to the ER. I think I need an anti- inflammatory shot in my elbow and shoulder, I may have to hang this sport up soon if I don't start catching less and smaller fish:cool2: :smile2: rollo

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I feel much better now that am able to say publicly :smile2:You are a true fisherman and those tail's you tell are proof enough:wink:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You all mind stopping and picking me up?:wink: My back is killing me from fighting that beast for so long, I may have popped some titanium loose from that monsters power!!!:crazy::roll_eyes:
    I may have to retire fishing after that 1 fish!:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:
    WHAT A DAY!!!:smile2::cool2:

11. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I give up! Okla fishermen can't tell them that good:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::0a20:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The last one we landed dropped the water table by 3 ft, when we drug him over the boat. Let me tell ya, some people use their motor to troll and keep a drift, we had to keep ours turned hard the other way to stay afloat when fightin that one!:roll_eyes: rollo

13. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    If you would go back to using 8# line instead of 4# line you could just drag him to bank and use you truck to get him on bank.:smile2: