Check Out This Pool Table!

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by Catgirl, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    That's awesome! I've never seen anything quite like it either. Maybe I can get punkin to mount a coon for me as I steal some of her drift wood to make me one :roll_eyes:... No way I could afford a new one like that! Thanks for sharing, Tanya. I envy whoever owns that pool table!

-Red

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The person who built that is an artist as well as an awsome woodworker thanks for sharing

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    WOW! Thats all I can say, thanks for sharing that

5. Trim

Trim New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    WOW! Thats amazing.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tanya that was awesome.Thanks for sharing. I bet one could buy a new catfishing boat for the price of that table. Beautiful craftsmanship. :big_smile:

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Tanya, that is just awesome. The one who built that beauty is an artist.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That is the most beautiful pool table I have ever seen! Like the others said,the person that designed and built that beauty is very talented. I'm green with envy!!

9. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Totally awesome, thanks for sharing.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jim.......how much to have you build one?? :tounge_out:

11. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    That is truely a piece of art... my mouth salvates with envy of the craftsmanship and sheer beauty!

12. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    beautiful work! lol, wonder how it plays. too expensive for my taste. some person with more money than they know what to do with will end up with it for show and probably never play a game on it.

another extravagent example, my soninlaw is a framer, and building houses in one o those ritzy ditzy gated country club resorts, and one house he is working on the guy paid $70000 for a front door for his house.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

$70,000 for a DOOR! You'd have to OPEN my door and take a tour to find somethin' worth that kind of money....a COMPLETE tour :big_smile:.

But anyway, I was wondering if anybody read the specs on that table. I didn't know what bristlecone pine trees were. Where are ya Amy? They grow in Colorado; I'd like to know if you've seen any of 'em.

I'm not sure this gentleman's plan is gonna work.....says he was offered $48,000 for it privately, but decided to offer it to the public. Right now the bid is $2550.00 with two days and seven hours left to bid (of course, the reserve hasn't been met :roll_eyes:/wonder what it is?).

With 17 inlaid gold nuggets on the rim, free delivery anywhere in 48 states, and carbon dating thrown in to boot.....you know you want it :lol:! Just make sure you've got at least a 18' by 13'6" room to put it in.

Think I'll have to pass on this one :wink: - but I do appreciate the craftsmanship!

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    That is a beutiful piece of work! With you Cat- have to pass that one up1 Too rich for my blood!

15. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Cool table sure looks different then the ones that I play on, thanks for sharing.

Wheelmobile07

16. peck

peck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I do a lot of woodwork myself and I can agree with this post. Tanya Thanks for sharing.

17. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    someone is very good at what they do, that is a great looking table.

18. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awsome craftsmanship.Thanks for posting picture Tanya.

19. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    its a nice lookin piece of art work but cant help but to wonder how hard it is to keep the slate nice and level.that wood is gunnu shrink and expand forever, just ask somebody who builds log homes. i think its for looks and for somebody that has more money than what thy need.:big_smile:

20. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    makes mine look like its been in a fire and thrown out of a 10 story building:sad2: i guess mine was given to me by a neighbor at the cost of finding as many friends as possible to help move the heavy thing.:tounge_out: id love to have that in my house with the raccoon hidden over to where people couldnt see it until they went over for a shot behind the table. itd be great to see the look on peoples faces to have a coon looking up at them:roll_eyes: