Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,186 Posts
I wish he knew more that cuss words. And he doesn't know much about what he is doing. If he is not budging the fish but keeps cranking the reel he is just twisting up his line. Most folks use the rod to bring in a big fish and the reel just to take up the slack in the line.

But it is a sign that flatheads are on the move.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks Chris for the warning for the potty mouth. I just watched with the sound off. I just prefer not to listen to it when they go off. But I like to see someone do something not to common. Thanks for sharing.

Tom I see what you commented on. He was reeling the whole time and never used rod for leverage..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks Chris for the warning for the potty mouth. I just watched with the sound off. I just prefer not to listen to it when they go off. But I like to see someone do something not to common. Thanks for sharing.

Tom I see what you commented on. He was reeling the whole time and never used rod for leverage..
:unsure:Looked like he reeled in 50 yards of line and the pole wasn't bending. That rod should have been bent way over, with tip in the water with a fish that big.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was like when I went salt water fishing with a bait caster the guides always said don't pump the fish with the rod just keep reeling ( against a light drag) until the shark made a run then he said pump the f##ker and get the line back.....really? They were always about wearing your ass out so you would go back and tell everyone you caught a 150# shark and it took a half hour. Catching one that big will wear you ass out anyway regardless. This guy was reeling against the drag the whole time twisting the line on that spinning reel, I really hate spinning reels anyway. I thought I cussed a lot but he ruined his video. Guides just don't want to retie or lose terminal tackle. Hahaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts