check out this ammunition

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    check out this site and let me know what you think of this ammunition. there are some really good Personal Defense rounds as well as hunting ammo. its high dollar, but it may be worth it, especially in the reloading department if you were to buy just the projectiles. both loaded and unloaded are sold.

http://www.extremeshockusa.com/

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    interesting,I dont have a need for any of it though,My 223 wouldnt stabilize those bullets with its rifeling,And I dont own any of the other calibers they offer.

3. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i was thinking about ordering some of the .45 acp both the Air Craft rounds for in the house and the Personal Defense ones for my carry clip.

it says the air craft rounds wont penetrate most drywall, but are excellent when they contact soft tissue. could be be the best of both worlds... but at 40$+ a box i dont know if they are worth it.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i hope i never have to use my .40 in a self defense situation but if i do i think any good hollow point that cycles well in my glock will probably do the trick. if a round won't go through drywall, i'd be afraid it would hang up in heavy clothing or a bone.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    that is a valid point, i liked the hollow point variation they have on there also...

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    box of cheap hollow points=more beer money!!

7. Therapy

Therapy Member

State:
    Missouri
    Having read many police reports and one that indicated a 158 gr. .38 was deflected by the metal in a womans bra, I would be very hesitant to use the Air Craft rounds. Also these Specialty rounds make some hotshot legal person a real court room circus, at your expence. I will stick with well known brand name factory loaded hollow points for defense.

"Therapy"

8. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I really dont understand their claim that the military is using their extreme shok ammo.....As far as i know, the geneva convention requires non-expanding type ammo, which i think is BS, especially when our enemy doesn't abide by the geneva convention.

I also dont want ammo that explodes on impact, as this will leave a very shallow and artificial wound channel, just like using small bird shot on humans. The wound looks nasty, but in reality will probably not be fatal in most cases. This type of wound might hurt like hell, but if somebody is highed up on drugs they wont feel it anyway and will keep coming. I agree that if it wont penetrate drywall its worthless, even most sizes of birdshot will do that much.

I want big fast moving bullets that penetrate deeply and expand to disrupt the central nervous system, that is, if the brain cant communicate with the body part/organ, the body part/organ ceases to work. Dead men tell no tales, and they cant testify in court against you. Just my opinion, take it for what you paid for it.

9. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    after reading some of the other posts, and thinking to myself about the comments and just thinnking about them i have to agree at this point. the aircraft ammo has got to be crap. it is interesting, but i dont think it is going to be worth near what i would like. the other hollowpoint ammo they have is still interesting, and if it wasn't for the price i would already have some to test for myself.

10. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Watch it for a little while and see if they are still there before spending the $$$$$$
    I tried the Aguila IQ and it did EXACTLY as it claimed. On a hard surface the nose closes and they will punch through 1/8 inch steel on an animal they opening up to a HUGE round and stop dissipating ALL of there energy. 45 ACP was 177 grain and the size of a 230 grain but they came out at about 1200fps. If you go to there site the Eagle is carrying one of the rounds. They are no longer making them though.

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I checked em out, I paid 18.00 or so for 6 .44 mag glaser safety slugs, and a little less for .357 glaser safety slugs. The price on these is ok, they ain't plinkin rounds. If they will stop an attacker or at least make em slow down for a lethal shot its good for me. If they run away they will probably be arrested at a hospital, if not probably die someplace else, and I won't have to clean up the mess. Houses are sometimes close to gether, I don't want over penetration into my neighbors house.