Check out my new sky diving jump suit

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Jun 28, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    looks good, chuck. good thing DH and J.W. didn't shop with you - it would be pink :big_smile:

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    looks good, looks like it would work, but who would want to jump from a perfectly good airplane? :eek:oooh:
    well maby, dependin who was there with you!:embarassed:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Plum fancy.Can you explain it to us? I would think that it is constructed the way it is top to bottom for very good reasons.Thanks.peewee-williams

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

is that an halo suit?

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is cool brother, hope that chute opens every time. You have more guts then me brother.

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Yea PeeWee thanks for asking. The suit is Tailor made just for me and it has booties built into it with zippers on the side so they are easier to get over my shoes. It is made of a special material that slows me down in free fall. I was having a problem with people keeping up with my fall rate. I'm wearing my rig as well in the picture that is what buckles are that you see. The red long things in the arms and legs are called grips and that is what another diver would grab onto while in free fall. If you grab someone it is called docking. The booties are there to act like a keel on a boat so it becomes much easier to maneuver while falling using my legs and not my arms. When I put my legs straight and point my toes the booties help the air push me forward. What you see on my wrist in my altimeter but I have another audible one in my helmet that beeps at Alt. that I preset into it. I wear the full face helmet because we are falling at over 120 mph and you can move very fast with that much wind sometimes other people with kick you while turning or docking Not to mention how many times I hit the top of the door getting out. This suit is baggy because I tend to fall like a rock and it really slows down my fall rate. If you have any questions feel free to asked.

8. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I guess you could call it a halo suit im not sure thats what it is but we jump from about 13500ft and I open about 3000ft.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ground control to major Tom! LOL! Looks expensive.

10. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Yes it was expensive it cost me 465.00 for the suit. 300.00 for the Helmet. 98.00 for the Alt. 125.00 for the alt. in my Helmet and 2000.00 for my Rig. Very expensive sport thats for sure but worth every penny. I asked one of the insturtores what they made and all he would tell me was he made well over 600.00 a weekend during the season. Now im not close to that level yet but it wont take that long to get there. Hopfully by the time I retire I will have enough experiance to coach, instruct, and do tandum jumps ( Tandum jumps is where you jump with anouther person hooked onto the front of you). I cant think of a better way to spend my retirement than jumping for a living.....LOL

11. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks.Please keep us informed if you have the time.I really enjoyed it all so far.It makes me feel good knowing how much you enjoy it.It is awful nice of you to take the time to share.peewee-williams

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    So let me get this strait, Sarge, You paid $3000 for a special suit so you can jump out of a plane that will land in the same place you're going to? You have a $300 helmet so you can watch the ground coming at you at 120 mph? Someone else that is moving 120 mph, or faster, is going to try to grab on to you and you're OK with that? Then you are going to tie someone to your chest and push them out of a plane, knowing that they might pee all over your new suit?
    Sarge, I'm afraid you really don't want to know what I think!

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nice suit,you are a very brave man!!!

14. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    LOL Flat that does sound kinda crazy when you put it like that. Trust me its the most fun you can have with your cloths on. Then again I guess you could do it nakid as well. So its the most fun ever.

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    SSG, Are we going to be seeing you go to Tennessee to take part in some HALO or HAHO from 31,000?

I didnt know it until a few years ago but there are quite a few civilians that make these jumps and the military sometimes furnishes the plane to get them to altitude and the rebreathers. ( probally depends on who is on the jump list)
    I think they sit on the tarmac in the plane breathing pure oxygen for an hour before take off. Takes an hour to get to jump altitude.

They have some big to do in Tennessee every year.
    That would be cool.

16. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Just tell me where to sign up and I will be there.

17. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sounds cheaper and cleaner than fishing.I bet it is safer than boating on the 4th.of July.peewee-williams

18. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What...? No skinny dippin'...?:lol:
    Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding you limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

19. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The only reason I'll jump out of a plane is because the pilot and co-pilot are dead and non of the stewardess's know how to fly.
    That's my wife's thing. She is the only skydiver in this family, and I'd just as soon keep it that way. That's why I joined the Navy instead of the Air Force; I can swim but I can't fly!

20. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The great thing about Submarines is you did not have to worry about walking,flying,or swimming.peewee-williams