Check in

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Feb 6, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If at all possible would our B O C family in the states hit by the tonados check in and if you know of someone in that area call them and check on them
    Until all is normal let's keep them in our prayers

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Great idea brother, I don't know anyone in those areas but if any of the brothers and sisters need a place to stay, if they want to come down this way and get away from it all, I have room for 2 or 3 people.

:wink:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good idea brother hope everyone is ok

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Mr,Ward, it looks like it's our turn today.
    it's 76% here in Jeff Davis Co,the wind is coming out of the south s/w with some strong gust.with the wind it sure don't feel like no 70s.
    the storm line wont be here until 5:00 or 6:00 pm.
    I will set in prayer with you all as well as me and mine.
    so everyone check in and keep in touch.

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yeah we have heavy rain and wind is off and on will keep checking in and will keep all in my prayers

6. razorback

razorback New Member

State:
    Camp Lejeune, N.C.
    I've been trying to get up with my folks in Arkansas..no luck!:embarassed:

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We are ok but The small town of Atkins was hit hard and Lucky Landing on Lake Atkins was leveled. Pope county has been hit hard twice with-in a three week period first Appleton and now Atkins

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It got really rough around here last night. Several reports of tornadoes. We lost power at about 7 pm. We lost the local radio signal just after the first tornado warning was issued. Power was restored at 7 am and reports coming in from all over the area with trees down all over the county. I missed not getting to fish with the tuesday night redtails, but they went ahead without me. They said they seen 4 funnel clouds over the LBL area. They also caught some fish and had a couple of really long runs. But with the lightening and the rains and the tornadoes the poles were not checked until morning. I guess I'll have to go next week regardless of weather. Our home was ok...just was a sleepless night in Trigg co. Kentucky.

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I'm here!! Checking in!!! We got hit pretty hard last nite, our home only sustained shingle damage, but all round us there was bad damage. One neighbor's home was blown off the blocks, another neighbor across the driveway had a tree blow down across one end of the house. The tornado touched down and tore a mile wide path through our community and the neighboring community where my husbands family lives. We were headed to the church basement a mile away from us and only made it a few yards from the driveway when we encounted a tree across the road. I'm convinced that was the Good Lord telling us to turn around and go back to the closet because from that point on it got worse. The stretch of road from our house to the church there were trees down all across it, power lines down (we didn't get power back until the wee hours of the morning), this morning it was still impassable and people were being detoured. It tore up a shed scattering it all across the road and downed a bout 10-12 trees in the yard of one family next door to the church. There were all kinds of emergency vehicles in and around here with lights flashing everywhere. While this sounds rough, it wasn't anywhere near the damage in the neighboring community. There were rooves blown off homes into tree tops, trees downed across homes, and the worst part about a mile from my mother in law's home is a trailer park where the tornado went thru the middle of it. At the moment, FEMA, Red Cross and other agencies have commandposts set up over there handing out food and water to the needy and arranging for shelter for those that need it. The only major injuries (the only ones I know of so far) was one teenage girl was hurt in the trailer park that got hit, she suffered damage to a few of her vertebrae. I will be finding out more soon and will be letting you know. My brother and his wife were headed home and actually saw the tornado jump the highway headed toward us. While we only sustained minor repairable damage, others were not quite so lucky. I want to ask that you keep them and victims of the other storms in your thoughts and prayers. It will be a long road to recovery for some of them.

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Glad to see you are all right and yes that was Gods way of saying go back out of harms way will keep all in our prayers

11. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Everyone in the storms are in my Prayers

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    watching the news rite now and they are showing atkins arkansas and its a mess.i dont see how anybody got out alive.we need to send lots of thanks toward the heavens for those that didnt and for those that did to.

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Punkin, the one that came by your house must have been the one that went through Selmer. It tore up a lot up that way also. There were tornadoes around us this morning but we live in Lookout Valley with mountains all around us so that may have helped us. It got rough here for a while around 6AM but The Lord kept us safe. There were a bunch over this way that lost their homes and everything. All will continue to be in our prayers.

14. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jim and Judy, happy to see you weathered the storm without injury or damage. We'll keep those less fortunate souls that sustained damage or injuries in our prayers.

15. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great thread brother thoughts and prayers for all affected by the recent tornados.

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Alright good to see some more that are okay I think while I am praying for the ones who need it I will also thank God for the ones who did not get hurt

17. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    May you all feel God's comfort through this crazy weather we all are having!~~~~Sister Pat