Check-in for Updates on Oklahoma Members

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by TDawgNOk, Feb 16, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Lets all check in and let everyone know you are doing alright and if you have been fishing, what you've caught and where.

2. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    If you live in Oklahoma, please post an update as to how you are doing and if you've caught any fish this year yet.

Don't forget to mark yourself on the member map.

and

Don't forget about Keystone the first weekend of June!!

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369

3. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I'm checkin in y'all.Been fishin Kerr lake with my boys and catchin blues on shad and DK.The bite is slow and hope to get back out on Sun if its not too cold.They're callin for winter mix so might not make it:know-big: I reckon we'll decide Sun mornin.

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Still kicking, haven't been fishing much, but that'll be changing soon. :D

5. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Have not been able to fish - yet - but I have new line on the reels and a new rod and reel and my prize Danny King punch bait winnings ready to go.
    There is a $10,000 trout tournament this weekend at Pawhuska but I am on call so have to be within 30 minutes of the hospital. I hope one of you
    catches that fish:006:

rivrbunny

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    bigsammy, thanks for responding, great to hear that someone's catchin

Coon and River, I understand, I haven't had the chance to get out either, but hopefully that will be changing.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Been doing a lot of fishing. Just haven't been doing any catching. Like to fish Kaw dam, but with no water release, it is not worth the drive. Got reports of blues being caught at Ft Cobb... off the dam. Got lost 3 times in that little part of the world... again, lot of fishing, no catching. Guess its getting time to turn the thoughts to crappie to load up with some good eating before I get back to cattin'.

8. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I am still here. Caught a lot of channels the last 3 (out of 4) weekends up at Lake Eufaula, using DK and chicken livers. My fishing will be slacking off for the moment though as I finally graduated from the Correctional Academy yesterday and have to be at work today. I ended up on 2-10's with wed. and thurs. off, so I probably ain't going to get much fishing in until the kids get out of school. Anyway, good thread you started here and look forward to hearing from every one else!

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jeremy, Congrats on Graduating!!!

Fishin sounds good for ya, keep it up!

10. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    For those of you that are also ACATS members, I received my 2nd issue of Catfish Now magazine. It just gets better every month. For those of you that are not ACATS members you really should check out joining. The magazine more than pays for the membership fee.
    This months articles are:
    Hawgs of Catfish Creek
    Trinity River Blue Cats
    Power Plant's Lakes Generate Catfish Action
    The Lesson My Granddad Taught Me
    When Nature Calls
    Lake Amistad Flatheads
    Channels, Yellows & Blues: Central Texas has it all
    You wont believe all the great pics and stories.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Are you talking about a Kerr Lake in Oklahoma? Reason I ask is because there's a Kerr lake around here.....

12. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    It's been two weeks since the last time I fished. I'm getting the shakes and the DT's from not getting out.;)

13. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Been way too busy to even wet a line so far this year. All of that may change here in another week or so since i'll be changing shifts. :cool: Maybe once i get adjusted back to working nights again I'll hit the water.

As for jeremy congrats on the graduation. Maybe I'll see ya wednesday when i head down there for parole board.

14. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    KatmasterJR,yup,I'm in Oklahoma the correct name is Robert S Kerr,its just a wide spot in the Arkansas River.Its maintained by US Army Corps of Engineers.The stretch of the Arkansas River within the lake is the boundary line between the Cherokee and Choctaw Indian Nations.We locals call it "Kerr Lake".

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Figured so, would be a long ride for you to come to the one here to fish.....LOL:rolleyes:

16. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ray, Chris, Allen, thanks for checkin in!

Still got lots of Okie members unaccounted for.

17. dobbie

dobbie Member

I had three good weekends of jug fishing during the nice weather at the beginning of the year. We were fishing west of Sailboat Bridge on Grand Lake.
    If you keep your jugs in the river channel, you can catch some nice ones on cut Shad. We caught three fish 35-40 pounds and several small ones. If you fish that area, be careful of the wind.

18. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    thought i would check in. not much goin on here but lots o work. thats okay though, the weather has been terrible. got about 1 1/2" of sleet last night. maybe this mess will be gone quickly and i can wet a hook.

19. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Lets hope we get several more inches of rain/snow/sleet. Any and all moisture is welcome at this point. Need something to get the lake levels up and to get rid of the burn ban.

20. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    you bet. a little bit of current in the river cant hurt a thing.