Cheatham Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Michael, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Well it is defiantly picking up on the Cumberland ! went to the dam this morn EARLY and waited for the stripe to start popping and man was they on ! Ive been out there a few times in the last few weeks and done OK on a few but this morning was the most action Ive seen yet on the stripe they are running thick at the dam. this is prime time. we are using 5 inch pencil poppers and anchoring down across from the bluff wall next to the hard current but yet far enough that the guys fishing the bank don't land there lure in your boat. we get there usly about 4:30 am and set till 6:00 to 6:30 am and the the bite is on they'll start popping everywhere.
    i figured I'd give a cheatham dam report. ! here are a few pics of this mornings catch. oh yeah the skip jack where really slow this morning out there. i caught 5 to put in the freezer for this weekend. and you are only allowed 2 stripe per person per day the stripe in the pics are mine and my partners

Attached Files:

2. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    Nice catch! I'm one of those bank fishermen, although I fish mainly next to the generators for the cats :smile2:

Two questions:

#1: Are the shad running again? Seems like they've been few and far between lately...

#2: How is fall fishing at the dam? For the last five years, I've had to return to school in east tennessee and miss out, so this will be my first fall at home. :cross:

Anyway, after my last couple of trips there, I'm glad to see someone doing some good. For some reason, my numbers have gone down during the last few weeks, much like the shad population on the left bank. I chalked it up to the heat and was hoping things would pick up again soon - your post is encouraging! :big_smile:

3. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    the shad look to be kinda slow too . i was wacthing a guy on the bluff before the stripe run and he was droping a cast net and not doing to good . and most of the time i'm up at the dam i see them drop a net and pull it up full..

4. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    mike thats a nice stringer of fish thanks for sharing.