Cheatham Dam

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Brad30110, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anyone been to cheatham dam lately? How fat of a boat ride is it from Clarksville to Cheatham dam?

2. Yourused

Yourused New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was at the Dam yesterday all day and the stripers and my nice sauger were on fire after about 3 pm.. some nice ones and then the smaller not legal size that all the asians kept hiding in the Ditch.. but the fish are coming in... only better things to come.

3. festus

festus New Member

Thanks for the report, Dale, good to hear there's sauger activity.

I see them keeping illegal fish up here quite often, particularly at Ft. Loudoun and Melton Hill Dam. They dam up this little area where a culvert empties into the river and hide their contraband in there, undersized largemouths, smallmouths, stripers, and sauger. :angry:

4. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    My theory is they take them to the restuarants and serve them to the public. I went to a shushi bar over in hermitage near i40 at old hick exit and saw what looked like small stripers behind the counter. The guy making the sushi was startled when I came up to the counter like he was hiding something. He urged me to go back to my seat and the waitress will be back out. I could be totally wrong and Im sure there are some good orientals out there. I abide by the laws of the land and they should too when it comes to size and limits.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  5. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    They do that at Codell Hull Dam alot, and I have help bust 7 of them so far. I have a cousin that is TWRA and all I have to do is call him and he comes running. I have even gone to were they hide them and turned them loose and dared them to say anyting to me about it.

6. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    we need more people to get invoved when we see this going on....its not fair to the wildlife or the people who abide by the law...:0a36:

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes we do but we need more TWRA agents more than anything..I talk about this all the time..When I lived in Louisiana I knew the wildlife agents by first name,I always seen them out and about just about every trip..I've lived here in Tennessee for 4 years and have yet to see a TWRA agent out on the water..

8. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Be careful Don, don't want your carcass messing up the fishing. Some guys take that $hit serious and could hurt you. :sad2:

9. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well there is a reason I dare them to say anything to me about it! I wear it on my side!

10. Yourused

Yourused New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will be back out there on Monday again if ya want to come out.. Dickson side.

11. festus

festus New Member

Usually the Oriental and Asian fishermen up my way are pretty respectful when it comes to fishing regulations. I can't say the same for the Hispanics. Jugger, have you ever seen them use soft drink or beer cans for fishing reels? :eek:oooh: I started another thread in the "Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish" forum. They'll see the game wardens arriving, then kick their cans in and destroy their evidence. I hear TWRA is looking in to purchasing some "pooper scooper" like devices that will pull up the illegal cans so they can take them to court. :smile2:

12. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Yeah I read that but I have not seen anything like that yet.