Cheatham Dam in Tennnessee

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Aftercats, May 22, 2006.

1. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Went to cheatham dam Sunday with Pursuing cats and we caught around 20 or so white bass and 2 keeper striper. Wore us out but had alot of fun. But still not what people were advertising.

Anyone else have any info on cheatham?

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Daryl, Sounds like fun, I like catching all kinds of fish and try often. Any time you can catch 20 or more is a great day.

Danny

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i fished below the dam for several hours on saturday and we worked HARD to catch 4 fish for the dinner plate. No generation throughout the day on sat...was still an awesome day to be out on the water!

cyas
    rc

4. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    no pics....no fish...where's the pics!:big_smile:

5. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    what kind of bait was you guys using and what type of rig/bait how deep and right on the dam ? etc.. info info :lol: i like white bass they are good eating

6. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Started off at dawn with red fins but no luck. switched to a orange shad fat rap and caught the first striper then we got into the white bass with the fat rap and cheutruse jig at the dam then picked up the second striper on an horse hair jig just off the bottom. then we were to pooped to pop. Now thats a nice day at the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN

We put in at the dam and moved downriver. We hit any area that had good structure with many hits on the sonar(fish). They just weren't interested. We fished jigs, cranks, spinners and fresh cut skipjack (for cats) and minnows under a float.

If i had more choices regarding when I go fishin...i would not go again when they are not generating. Since i only have weekends to fish..i go anyways.

It was a beautiful day regardless...just not much catchin goin on for us.

As far as white bass..we usually catch several of them...along with the yellows, drifting and chucking jigs, cranks or floating minnows under a bobber...toward the shoreline as we drift downriver. I caught one nice 18" hybrid on a shad type crankbait when the current turned on...i'm guessin it was just from the lock being raised/lowered.

We normally drift fish and chuck lures for several hours, then find a hole and catfish for a few hours...my dad caught the only channel...on a jig..heh

cyas
    rc