CHEAT LAKE

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by allena, Jul 9, 2008.

1. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Can someone help me out> I`ve fished alot of places in this area buy never Cheat Lake. I mostly bank fish and I`ve heard of alot of 5# coming out but I just don`t have any ideas.

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    from what I hear they catch a lot of channels on the upper end thats all I know

3. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    Yup, anywhere above the bridges is great for channel cats... They really like hotdogs.

4. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Are there any public fishing areas on that end?

5. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    where in wv is cheat lake? im from southern wv.. how big of a lake is it?:confused2:

6. adamnmisty

adamnmisty New Member

State:
    WEST VIRGINIA
    lol,, i googled cheat lake and found it, they say upstream of Mt. Chateau is a good place to catch cats, idk if thsi will help. i tryd though brother

7. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    NEED HELP GUYS! Does anyone local know of any camping places on Cheat Lake? I have a small RV, hook-ups are not needed. Either in WV or on the PA side around Moun Chateau.

8. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    I found out there are no camping spots. I`ll check on places to fish and go from there. Thanks for the responses.

9. BassinWv

BassinWv New Member

State:
    WV
    You can camp on a beach up the lake, but you need to have a boat. Lots of people camp on the lake and the channel cats are biteing well.