Cheapest source for snagging hooks - link included

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Tulcat, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well last year I scoured the Internet, catalogs, and local stores looking for a source of cheap treble hooks for snagging. By far the best buy is at CatfishConnection, no one else was even close.

If you are snagging where there is any structure, be prepared to lose several hooks. Paying 79 cents each at the local bait shop is not the best solution, when you can get them for about 33 cents each from Catfishconnection in boxes of 36 (that price is for my favorite size, 8/0)

Go to http://catalog.catfishconnection.com/ , then click on "Hooks for Catfishing" and finally the "Import Treble" link.

2. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    Thanks for doing the research! I looked and looked last year for 10/0 at a discount and they are hard to find. Even on ebay they get 1$/hook when you figure shipping. I did find some huge ones about 4" across 20/0 or something for about 6$ per hook. I just pullem out to impress. I loose too many to use'm on the riprap. Good luck in OK and if you ever want to snag some really really really hard fighters come for a visit to Hannibal and I'll hook you up with big asian carp that'll wear you out! Hannibal Mike

3. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Thanks for the invite, and I might take you up on that some day as I love the Missouri outdoors and travel there as much as possible.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I agree, catfish connection has the best prices on trebles. A buddy & I just bought 72 10/0 hooks from there for I think $43 shipped!
    They also have super fast shipping!

Eric

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Jim,

Have you ever stopped in at Nabatak in Claremore? They moved a year or two ago and are right off I-44 there in Claremore on the way to Grand Lake. I can't remember what I paid for mine I know it wasn't 33 cents each but there are the cheapest around in a pinch. I think there 8/0 go for around 45 cents. I place one large order a year with catfishconnection and I always forget to add something to it.

6. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I have not been there but it is now on my radar for my next Claremore visit. Thanks for the tip!

7. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    Nabatak stands for like National Bait and Tackel. They have a retail shop but they are mainly a wholesaler to all the other bait shops in Oklahoma. Chances are if you ever bought live bait at a little lake side shop it came from Nabatak. They have a pretty good selection and decent prices in there shop. Take the highway 20 exit off I-44 and it's off the interstate to the west on the north side of the road. You can't miss it.

8. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Speaking of live bait, what do they sell for baitfish? Hopefully some goldfish or large shiners?

When I meet me brother in-law at Grand, lots of times I'm the designated live bait bringer and I am always looking for a good cheap source along the way.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I do not remember the prices, but I remember they have everything from rosie reds to goldfish, to large bass minnows.

They even have frozen cut shad, not sure if they have fresh or not. Wouldn't suprise me one bit if they did, seems like they have everything else.

10. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Thanks for the info Tony.

11. catfishcentral

State:
    OK
    Jim,

I've actually never bought any live bait from Nabatak only tackle, but they do have the biggest selection of live bait fish in there. Definatley worth dropping in if your on your way out to grand lake.

12. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for doin all the research. Great site. Believer did you say you and a buddy got some. If so how long did it take to get them to Quincy.

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yes, we bought some 10/0 from C.C. & had them in 2 days! :)

Eric

14. dogtre1

dogtre1 New Member

State:
    nj
    Hi Tulcat, l have been scoureing the internet like you, for 10/0 treble hooks, and they are too expensive . your thread gives a hint of where to get them .; could you by chance e-mail me the name of the place or the site that you were reffering to. thank you in advance dogtre1@aol.com

15. Snagman23

Snagman23 Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Sam
    I don't know if any of you guys are from the St. Louis area, but denny dennis sporting goods in Fenton has a gross of hooks(144) of 10/0 hooks for $60. 42 cents a hook for 10s isn't bad. Somebody told me that dunn's had them for about that cheap and you can buy them by the hook. Sure beats bass pro!