Cheapest for Abu Reel

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Gone Catfishing, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Gone Catfishing

Gone Catfishing New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Where is the cheapest online store I can buy an Abu reel at? I'm probably going to use eBay, but I can't find any normal stores that sell them for some reason. Thanks for your time...

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    try reedssports.com they had them at clearance prices this winter. other than there i'd say catfish connection.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hi David, did you try Cabela's. Check out the Okuma reels, they are very nice for the moola.

4. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

The cheapest deal I'm aware of is to find a new, but display model Abu 6000 on eBay. They come through in large groups, and over the years I have bought several. The least I've paid is $30 and the most is $37. These reels are new, but will most likely show small wear marks from being handled.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think you had the right idea with ebay. All you need to do is watch the shipping/handling charges... subtract them from the maximum price you feel you should have to pay for a reel, and then never, ever, exceed that minimum. You can get real good deals on ebay, but if you don't know what your doing you could loose too. Not much, but remember, a penny saved is a penny earned. lol

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    check in to wal-mart i seen they have a 6000 on a 6 or 7 foot rod for like 50.

7. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    me personally cant afford abu's so i use shakespeare skp 2000/1500 series reels or bass pro shop megacast metal round baitcasters. they work out for me andcost like half the price as abu's . and they seem to stand up better to the wear and tear i put them through. and i tear up reels pretty regularly.

8. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Try BOC's sponsor catfish connection they usually have some good deals. They been having a special in there sell section on those 6500c3ss reels. check them out....Abu65

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sometimes members find Walmart having a sale on them, my Walmart is up $10 from last year and I haven't seen a sale on them for 2 years.

10. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I'd say go with catfish connections... they may not have the cheapest price (walmart usually beats them) but if you want customer service CC is hard to beat. Plus they are sponsers for the BOC...

I've used (and still use) shakespeares SKP 2000's... the reel tends to hold up fairly well through alot of abuse and if you don't use or care about clickers i'd go with this one cause it has a good deal of power with it though its not quite as smooth or castable as the abu's... The clicker does tend to have issues and get funky on you though but for 1/2 the price (alot of times less on ebay) its worth it to unscrew the 3 screws and readjust the clicker if it gets funky (usuallly constant on or just stops working).

11. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If you can get near an Academy store they have "B grade" Abu's called Black MAX. I have not seen these anywhere but Academy so they may be exclusive. Anyhow they are about $20-30 less than the regular C3's. I am a huge Abu fan and was skeptical at first about a cheaper version of the original. It has held up well and would buy another in a heartbeat if I needed one.

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Josh what kind of ABU you looking for. Maybe a member here would help you get one cheap.

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I dont think u will find a cheap Abu, unless u go use. Wal-mart has a Abu 6000 for 65 bucks.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    David I'll send you a PM for the abu factory overstock site.

15. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Gone,

Try Fisherman's factory Outlet. (www.ffo-tackle.com) They don't have all of the models, but they do have a lot and some of them are at fantastic prices. You have to pay attention and compare, though. Some reels are great prices, some are pretty much the same as retail.

Personally, I stay away from EBAY.