cheaper power pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, May 16, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i want to get power pro cheaper, i wanna fish for blues, in the miss, but its always in 150 spools, now, why isent that a decent amount of line, for a 6500, it fills mine up, almost, i just dont want to be despooled, , and loose expecev line, like that, any advice on geting it halvf price

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    put some backing on the spool as well and when it comes to anything now-a-days ya get what ya pay for

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    you can get a 500yd spool of power pro for 40-50 dollars and that should hold you i have a spool on one of my reels and its 4 years old now.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Steal it is the only way to get it half price.
    I can get you the150, 300, 500 1500 yard spools what size and color? The bigger spools saves you soem $$ but not going to be half price.
    Thought about buying the 3000 yard spools and selling it sections that will fill a reel. But not sure it would sell good that way.
    If theres enough people that would buy it. I could add it and Spider Wire to the website. It would be drop shipped. But then agian I can sell it a little cheaper that way also.:cool2:

Pete

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That is what I like about it. I break off and have to replace it but not for it wearing out. Shoot what is on my main reel, has been on it 5 years.:cool2:
    Pete

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    its good line, by next year ill be loaded with the beast gear for flats and blues,next thing is to buy a net, and have my reels cleaned, they wont cast like they did, and i shake to bad to work on them,

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just purchased 65# phantom red Power pro in a 1500 yd spool for 98 bucks. Its cheaper than me buying the smaller spools. Now that i purchased it I think i should have gone with 80#. But I will try it out. SGT Shorey

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well if it dont fray ill be happy, i dont need all this for big flatheads but blues are a beoch, to get in,,so i went to power pro,

9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i will take 40# big game mono over 100# braid any day!!!! a blue is no harder to land than a flathead..... no need for different line.....:burn_joss_stick::0a14:

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Slikk,,
    Man, I gotta ask,,,, Is that stuff you're wearing,,, County Issue???:smile2:

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol no there deer hunting coverals, lol i hate them, their not warm in the winter and they look like a prisnon break

12. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    mono will never fish like a braid let alone power pro mono holds its form when coming off a reel and gets torn up on a catfish's mouth i use 80 pd. power pro with 60# andes mono leader... and by the way if you want it cheaper find a bait shop that spools it look for about 10 cents for 65# and 13 cents for 80# a yard