Cheaper Jug Idea

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jtholder00, Apr 11, 2006.

1. jtholder00

jtholder00 New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    I dont know how well this would work.. but the local "Dollar Tree" store around here.. you know.. everything is $1.. sells knock off Nerf footballs for $1.. I wonder how their buoyancy compares to a foot long section of Noodle..

2. jtholder00

jtholder00 New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Im going to go get some and experiment.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dang man, now im gonna have to go to dollar tree.

4. jtholder00

jtholder00 New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    well.. went and bought one today.. took a long key hole saw and cut through the ball from end to end.. then inserted one of my pvc pipes from one of my noodle jugs.. I will try to get a picture up soon..

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i dont think its going to be very bouyant. i could be wrong but if its the same stuff as a nerf ball it will waterlog and float very low in the water.like i said i could be wrong . good luck and keep us posted .

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think you should just buy a 5 or 6 foot noodle from WalMart for cheap and cut it into like 5 or 6 1 foot noodles. That to me is the cheapest way. The noodles at WalMart are cheap.

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I agree with Rex, I think they will get waterlogged, but what the hell if the fish ain't bitting you can always play some football, lol. :D

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    my experience w/ those nerf balls says they don't have as much bouyancy as the pool noodles... They tend to soak up water and the outter coating isn't very water tight... wait till dollar tree gets in the pool noodles and you can get 2-5 jugs off of one noodle for the same price as one of the footballs so its definitely a better deal... or wait till walmart has those noodles on sale (usually end/after summer for like $.75 a piece... right now they are at around $2 a piece, maybe up to around $3 so its not worth it to get those yet... )

9. jamesnewsom

jamesnewsom New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You know that i have been saving my milk and water juggs when I am done with them and then tying nylon twine around the handle as my line and this seems to work pretty well in ponds and lakes for me. You just adjust your line length accoding to the depth of the place that you are fishing. This is real in-expensive and fun also.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I gotta find these Wal Marts that run all these specials. Out of curiousity, I checked the price on the swimming pool noodles last fall...$5.00 each. And none of the local Wally Worlds I've checked has ever come down a penny off their regular $39.95 price for a Quantum Big Cat rod. Maybe that's a blessing, 'cause if I ever run across them for $19.95 apiece, I'm gonna end up buying a lot more than I can use.

11. jtholder00

jtholder00 New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    You live and learn I guess.. If I would thought for a minute before stabbing a perfectly good football... The footballs are made of open cell foam, which will soak up water, and the noodles are made of closed cell foam... which keeps water out.. oh well

Also, the dollar store only sells the small noodles.. I only use the big noodles.. I wish they would stock the bigger ones..